Bad power cord or connection

Griezz

Jun 8, 2011
Bought Gtablet three months ago. About one month ago, power cord connection stopped being consistent. Sometimes, I would have to constantly press inward on the power cord connection on the tablet, while at other times, I would need to twist the connector at the connection until it lay at a point where contact was registered.More recently, I have been less and less likely to get a good connection. I will lay the tablet on a flat surface, twist the cord until it registers connection, wait for a minute (still registering), then leave for five minutes, only to come back and see the tablet no longer registering the power cord. Worse, I will plug in the power cord and the tablet's red light will appear, indicating connection, but the tablet's power screen indicates that there is NO charging going on.I don't know if it is a defective power cord or a tablet with a defective power plug; either way, I feel more like I was ripped off.

Griezz

Jun 8, 2011
Gee, all these views and not a single comment. Thanks.

For the record, I went to the TigerDirect store where I bought my tablet to have it looked at. The service guy was helpful enough that he just opened another Gtablet box, pulled out its power cord, and tried connecting the new cord to my tablet. Still no power connection. Therefore, the diagnosis was that the issue is with my tablet's power connection, not the original power cord.

Looks like I'll have to have the tablet RMAed. Does anyone have any information on turnaround time for Gtablet servicing? Or would it be better to just junk it and get a new tablet? (Currently, there are local ads for refurbished tablets at great prices; $299 CDN for a 16 Gb Samsung Galaxy Tab or $359 CDN for a 32 Gb Acer Iconia.)

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
If you can afford and want a better "out of the box" experience.. go for the Acer.. I love my gtab.. but one of my friends got the Acer when staples had their $100 tablet sale and it IS NICE... screen wipes the Gtab easily and the extra mem makes a noticible differnece... my self I think I'm gonna sell all my minor tablets and jump into the big boy rehlm with the new asus slider.

and as to the original post.. either the charging port or the cord was bad and you did the right thing returning it..

artregdlg

Nov 8, 2011
I had a problem with my power cord. I went to my local radioshack and they used their cord adapters to find out if my pad was working. I just bought another connector and it worked great!

Bought Gtablet three months ago. About one month ago, power cord connection stopped being consistent. Sometimes, I would have to constantly press inward on the power cord connection on the tablet, while at other times, I would need to twist the connector at the connection until it lay at a point where contact was registered.More recently, I have been less and less likely to get a good connection. I will lay the tablet on a flat surface, twist the cord until it registers connection, wait for a minute (still registering), then leave for five minutes, only to come back and see the tablet no longer registering the power cord. Worse, I will plug in the power cord and the tablet's red light will appear, indicating connection, but the tablet's power screen indicates that there is NO charging going on.I don't know if it is a defective power cord or a tablet with a defective power plug; either way, I feel more like I was ripped off.

WENKEN

Dec 19, 2011

The exact same thing just happened to me. I just happened across this while looking for a new cord. Good idea to take to Radio Shack.

ancurl2

Jan 13, 2012
The exact same thing is now happening to me and it is NOT the power cord.....any suggestions? OP, what did you ever figure out with yours?