Battery Life Questions

Cactusgod

Jan 4, 2012
Hey guys,

I just picked up a Coby Kyros 8120 *I realize theres a forum for it but I have a more generalized question*. I'm really a noob when it comes to tablets and phone batteries and I dont really know what the best way to "properly" adjust them is. I've done some googling but nothing seems to be set in stone.

Now, the first time I got the tablet (yesterday) I charged it until about 98% and then HAD to use it because I was so anxious to see whether or not I could get the market on it. It was dumb, I know. Now, Im not sure if this is relevant or not, but when I charged it overnight last night (12 hours turned off) I turned it back on today and it is acting pretty much like it did yesterday..where the indicator drops to about 80% immediately. However, yesterday when I was using the tablet it stayed at about 30-35% charge for like TWO HOURS, and I ended up getting approximately 4 hours of usage out of the thing just browsing which is what the specs are. Therefore, Im assuming theres just a problem with the indicator, not the battery itself, but I have no real idea.

Is there a proper way for me to charge this thing now that might fix the indicator a bit? I also am wondering if theres a difference between charging when its on and charging when its off or is there a fancy thing I should do like some sites suggest...off for an hour, on for 8, etc.

Thanks

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
It'll take a few full charges and discharges for the tablet to learn what the battery is capable of. After that, the indicator should become more useful.