Battery On Galaxy Tablet Possibly Fried

Spicoli16

May 11, 2017
So my boyfriend has a extension cord hooked up straight from his car battery to his power outlet in his car. Anyways we went on a road trip an I charged my samsung galaxy tablet in his car an now it won't charge at all.. theres been a little red x that has always been over the charging battery in the corner sense I got it about a year ago an it's always taken like 12 hours to charge an I can't use it while it's charging or it will just die instead of charge but thats always been normal. I've now had it charging for 4 days in my house an it's just slowly died instead of charging. An now it's competly dead on the charger an isn't saying it's charging or anything. I've tried several different chargers even the original an it's not working. Tried holding buttons an everything but nothing.. I'm pretty sure his car surged out my battery on my tablet.. What do i do?? Please help.

DarrylB

Aug 31, 2011
Is your tablet still under warranty by chance? I'm assuming not since you mentioned how long you've had it but figured I'd ask. Perhaps it's just something as simple as replacing the battery? Have you considered taking it to a local mobile repair shop to have them take a look and assess what it might cost to fix, or if it's even fixable?

Looneywitch

May 27, 2017
So my boyfriend has a extension cord hooked up straight from his car battery to his power outlet in his car. Anyways we went on a road trip an I charged my samsung galaxy tablet in his car an now it won't charge at all.. theres been a little red x that has always been over the charging battery in the corner sense I got it about a year ago an it's always taken like 12 hours to charge an I can't use it while it's charging or it will just die instead of charge but thats always been normal. I've now had it charging for 4 days in my house an it's just slowly died instead of charging. An now it's competly dead on the charger an isn't saying it's charging or anything. I've tried several different chargers even the original an it's not working. Tried holding buttons an everything but nothing.. I'm pretty sure his car surged out my battery on my tablet.. What do i do?? Please help.
I have a Galaxy tab also and for the longest it wouldn't charge or turn on,but recently I took some time to mess with it and now it works good. So what I did was I took the back cover off and completely disconnected the battery, then heald down the power button to drain all power from device,then reconnected the same battery and plugged it in to charge and right away it started charging and the battery charging pic displayed didn't have a red x on it anymore. So maybe that will help you. Good luck

Wesfaced

Jun 13, 2017
So I was having the same issue after about two months of owning a sm-t350 tab a.
I had been reading forums and concluded that yes my tablet was used and had seen some serious use.. so maybe I'll get a new battery
Everything was cool for a little while then same issues started after really the first full drain of the battery. Slow charges.. but at least this held the charge decently.
Bought a new amp charger.. a fast charger that I think powers three amps.
It was like the fastest charging I've ever experienced.. I could get like 8%per ten minutes or roughly thereabouts.
Well I totally drained my tab a last yesterday.. it will not charge. I mean it's never been to the point of not turning on.or at least showing a battery icon.
I saw a few tutorials on YouTube and saw a tip for battery removal showing that a simple removal and then just putting it back fixed things. I'm sitting here about to plug it back in. Any thoughts people? I'll update.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

Wesfaced

Jun 13, 2017
Oh yeah I've had the new battery for 3 1/2 weeks.. not trying to but will but a new one.
Could it be a shot out charge port.. maybe got to loose? There is a more noticeable wiggle.

Wesfaced

Jun 13, 2017
Well maybe that did something. Because after plugging in my battery it showed having 3% with blows me away. As I'm typing the life went to 2 %. Also it's been doing this funky thing where the device indicates when that's it charging or not it keeps cycling on them off charging, not charging