BBC iplayer problems

wharfeman

Apr 22, 2014
Despite BBC iplayer now being made available to most android tablets in the UK, including my Lenovo IdeaTab S6000-F, I am still unable to download programmes onto my tablet.
I have the latest updates for iplayer and media player apps from Google Play Store, but when I download a programme it goes through the complete download procedure but will not transfer from the "queued" list to the "downloaded" items list.
I have contacted the BBC for advise, to no avail and have uninstalled and re-installed the app numerous times, as recommended by the BBC, without success.

Can someone please advise if they are also having problems with the BBC iplayer or do I need to do something with my tablet to convert fully into a download

HELP PLEASE !!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

wharfeman

Apr 22, 2014
Thanks Musing. Tried that and also contacted the Bbc iplayer dept. No luck, but can now fully download programmes but just unable to view. Message comes up after a couple of seconds to say "sorry - you are unable to watch this downloaded programme" This happens with every single download

Musing

Aug 27, 2012
Wharfeman, Sorry to hear you are still having problems. Did you go back to the 'Contact Us' link and tell them you can download programs but still can't vew them?

wharfeman

Apr 22, 2014
I have and after downloading various iplayer programmes over the weekend am still unable to view.
I have just downloaded an iplayer update from Google Play and still no joy.
Hopefully, in the fullness of time, BBC will sort out the problem and I'll be able to download and watch programmes when I want.

Thanks again