Best $100 tablet for 90 year old Grandmother?

nolegrl

Nov 14, 2012
This is a bit odd, but my 90 year old grandmother spied my Toshiba Thrive and wanted one of her own. I'm not about to shell out $300 for a tablet that she will only want to play card games on, forget to charge, and potentially leave in the car. She doesn't have wifi, or really have a good understanding of how computers work, so I need a user friendly android tablet that I can download some card games on for her (she enjoyed the spite and malace android app). I was debating between the Coby Kyros or Nook Color, which one of these would be best? Are there any others that may work? Should I wait for some good Black Friday deals? Any and all help is appreciated!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I recommend a Nook Color. You should be able to find a used one or a refurbished one for a good price. It will definitely do what you are asking and it has a great developer community if you ever want to make it a true Android tablet. This can simply be accomplished with a bootable micro SD card (make one http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/13156-how-cm7-bootable-sd.html or buy one GO ANDROID! Upgrade your Nook Tablet or Nook Color|Nook2Android | N2A cards) without doing anything to the Nook Color itself making it a better choice than the Coby.

JP

nolegrl

Nov 14, 2012
I recommend a Nook Color. You should be able to find a used one or a refurbished one for a good price. It will definitely do what you are asking and it has a great developer community if you ever want to make it a true Android tablet. This can simply be accomplished with a bootable micro SD card (make one http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/13156-how-cm7-bootable-sd.html or buy one GO ANDROID! Upgrade your Nook Tablet or Nook Color|Nook2Android | N2A cards) without doing anything to the Nook Color itself making it a better choice than the Coby.

JP

Thanks for the suggestion! Do you have any stability problems with it rooted? She lives two hours away, so I can't do much troubleshooting with it once she has it.