Best Android Smartphones (August 2014 Edition)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Summary: Time once again to take a tour of the best Android phones currently available on the market (August 2014). Whether you're after a handset for personal use, or one suited to BYOD, there is bound to be one here for you.

By Adrian Kingsley-Hughes for Hardware 2.0 August 4, 2014 -- 15:00 GMT (08:00 PDT)

Next Image 1 of 13

• 0000-v1-620x.jpg
  • (Image: ZDNet)

Introduction
    Time once again to take a tour of the best Android phones currently available on the market (August 2014). There are a few new handsets, including a couple for all you pure Android fans. Carrying space limited? If so, you might want to check out the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact with its 4.3-inch display!

CNET Reviews: Best Android phones of 2014

If I had to choose one of these, I'd still more than likely go for Google's Nexus 5 because it is a powerful, fully-featured handset packed that offers the purest Android experience possible. It's the only handset that will guarantee that I see Android updates over the course of its lifespan.

However, I have to admit that some of the features present on the Samsung Galaxy S5 make it a great choice for the BYOD crowd. Not only is it water- and dust-resistant – something Samsung doesn't talk much about – but it is also crammed with cool features and software. If you like to geek out over smartphones, this is the one to geek out over.
Continue Reading @ http://www.zdnet.com/best-android-smartphones-august-2014-edition_p2-7000032145/#photo