Best Android tablets (April 2013 edition)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Summary: Don't want to give your money to Apple in exchange for an iPad or iPad mini? No problem! Here are my top 5 Android tablets for April 2013.

By Adrian Kingsley-Hughes for Hardware 2.0 | March 28, 2013 -- 18:49 GMT (11:49 PDT)

Previous | Next Image 1 of 6

0001-620x.jpg

Introduction

Tablets are everywhere, and while Apple's iPad – along with its little brother, the iPad mini – commands the most media attention, there's no shortage of excellent Android alternatives to choose from.

Here are my top 5 Android tablets for April 2013.

All of the tablets features here are very capable, powerful workhorses, and are ideal not only for home users, but also for enterprise users or those looking for a BYOD tablet. Any one of these will give you an excellent Android experience, and, when combined with the right apps, will allow you to get a lot of work done when you're away from your desk.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Nexus 7 is undoubted the best small android tablet.

For the price it is unbeatable, although I hear HP is about to introduce a low priced offering that is creating some buzz. If price wasn't an issue I still think the Galaxy Tab 7 plus is the best 7" tablet, even with the dual core exynos, so far offered. I almost expected Samsung to continue the 7" line, but they seem to have decided on a slightly larger format, the Galaxy Note 8. I imagine it is because the next phablet, the Galaxy Note 3, is approaching the 7" mark anyway ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1