Best "out of box ready" tablet

mykidsmom

Jun 17, 2011
I have been researching tablets for a while now. I just want to be able to do the basics (surf the web, read, emails, watch movies, etc). I am not a gamer and I am not tech savvy so I am trying to keep it simple.

Musts:

Easy to use
good performance
adobe flash compatible
docs2go (but this can be downloaded, right?)
good support available

Price: under $500

Screen Size: 7-10 ... the above takes precedence over size

Any suggestions on which products best fit the bill? Thanks a bunch!

Opt

May 25, 2011
With a $500.00 budget you can find a Android Tablet with your needs in mind easy

The newest 10.1 Galaxy Tab would be my first choice. The 16 GB is $499.00

The Acer Iconia is on sale at best buy for fathers day at $449.00
Tegra 2, Honeycomb which supports flash.

For ease of use its all about the operating system. Android is built for the user so since you've decided on Android already you should be good

BKAlley

Jun 19, 2011
Had my A500 for a week and love it. A lot less than the iPad or Xoom, and the usb/sd work right out of the box, unlike Xoom. $449 is not a sale price for the A500, it's MSRP. We used Best Buys 18 month interest free financing and added a micro SD and screen protector for nothing up front and about $30 a month.

The A500 has a web cam (admitidly in an awkward spot, better in portrait mode), rear still/video camera that shoots adequate pictures (keep your digital camera), MS Office compatible Docs To Go, and Flash with a simple download. I also chose it because it looks diferent than all of the other tablets.

Sent from my A500

Last edited:

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
Elocitynow.com . read specs on A7 only $299.0. Has Tegra duo core and full hdmi ,full usb, sd slot 1080 video output, have had mine 6 months no problems!