Best PDF Reader?

LTCSZ

Jun 6, 2011
I am planning to use the A500 for most of my text-books in college this coming semester...What would you recommend as the best PDF reader available? I would need one with bookmark capability, etc...Thanks a lot...

Steve

beastman

May 8, 2011
Documents to go (me office 2010 compatable) include a pdf viewer.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

romhad

Jun 28, 2011
It depends on what you're looking for. Do you need to be able to underline and take notes on pdfs? If so, you basically have three options:
EZ Pdf ($1.99), Repligo Reader (4.99), and qPDF (14.99; has a free trial version). As far as I can tell, EZ Pdf is the only one that allows bookmarking, though for some reason it doesn't save the bookmarks with the document, so you can only use them when reading with EZ Pdf.

LTCSZ

Jun 6, 2011
Thanks for the replies...I don't really need to edit any of the pdf's, as they will be textbooks...Highlighting would be nice, though...I will give a look at the suggestions...Thanks a lot...

Steve

Penny_K.

Aug 8, 2011
Thanks for the replies...I don't really need to edit any of the pdf's, as they will be textbooks...Highlighting would be nice,though...I will give a look at the suggestions...Thanks a lot...

Steve

I use Foxit Reader for my Firefox browser on my laptop+desktop.
I was just doing an upgrade and noticed that they have a Foxit Reader for Android version as well.
If it anything like there PDF reader for Windows/Linux, the I expect good things from there Android version(is linux/unix anyways).
Best of all, IT'S FREE!:D
Some of the best stuff I have found for Android, hasn't even been on MARKET.
I have DL'd it and will be trying it out sometime soon........:)
DOWNLOAD: http://www.foxitsoftware.com/products/mobilereader/android/

$2011-08-19_033947.jpg

Seriously thou,,,look at there PDF reader for Windows/Linux as well, I have been using it for 5+ years.

$2011-08-19_035521.jpg

Last edited:

debip

Sep 30, 2011
Hi! I am the records manager for my school district's special education dept. We use a program called SEIS. It is an online program. When a file has been protected and locked for any further editing, the only way to read the file is when the program generates a pdf. I have an Acer Iconia Tab A500, and after dowlnloading several pdf readers, I can not get it to 'show me' the pdfs inSEIS! Many have asked me if I have Adobe, but when I tried to download Adobe, the Adobe just cycles and never installs. Does anyone have any suggestions?

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
Mantano Reader lets you edit pdf and epub as well as bookmark. there is a free trial.
there are also online sites to convert to pdf from text if you need to.
One good thing is you can easily try many and simply trash what you don't like.

Last edited:

K9CHP

Aug 3, 2011
Where did you download Foxit from?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
Where did you download Foxit from?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum
It looks like they changed that page.
The page is different than his photo in the post.
Either that or he gave an incorrect link.