Best Phone For Listening To Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

rupeshforu3

Jan 31, 2013
Hi I am Rupesh from India. I have music files upto 250 gb and so I am searching for best android phone to listen music. I am also searching for phone with memory card support upto 1 tb and greater.

Actually I love to listen music and so is there any android phone which provides rich experience in listening music and at the same time which has support upto 1 tb and greater.

I have some music files in opus format which are speeches and I have listened these in some Android mobiles like HTC, Motorola, redmi etc., and by listening some mobile's provided noise and I was unable to hear the speeches properly while others produced output from earphones with quality.

I am asking which is the best android phone which does best in processes like noise cancellation, volume normalization, replaygain, equalizer etc.,.

As I am not a photographer I am not bothered about camara and it's quality. What I am expecting is an android mobile at lowest cost and which provides high and rich quality while listening to music and at the same time external memory card support upto 1 tb and greater.

Is there any android mobile which has special processing unit for audio like there is separate processing unit for graphics ie., gpu.

Regards,
Rupesh.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Well Rupesh, other than your expectations being hopelessly unrealistic, you're going to have a little problem. There are no 1TB MicroSD cards. Sandisk does have a prototype 1TB SD card, but that card is too large for a smartphone. Currently the largest MicroSD card is 256GB, and just one of those would cost more (190USD, 12,225INR) than an entry-level smartphone. Since there are no MicroSD cards larger than 256GB at this time, there are no Android smartphones that will support a card that large.

The only way your music collection is fitting onto a device at this time is via the Internet. You'd have to store your music on Google Music. In order to do that you'd need the following things.

1. A Google account.
2. A computer.
3. A program to convert from Opus to VBR MP3.
4. A WiFi connection for the computer with unlimited bandwidth.
5. Time.
6. A lot of patience.

You'd have to convert every song file you have from Opus to MP3, upload all of them to Google Music, and hope that you don't have more than 50,000 songs, which is Google Music's current limit.

ReplayGain is not available for Android at all, as I don't think Android supports it. Noise cancellation is a function of your headphones. While Android devices do have noise cancellation, it only works while speaking on the phone. Volume normalization is a part of some equalizers, and equalizers are a dime a dozen on the Play Store. Android devices in general don't have a discrete audio processor, as it's part of the SoC. The LG G5 did have an add-on unit that could snap onto the bottom of the device, but that add-on was not made in large numbers, and the G5 wouldn't be in your stated price range.

There is no low-cost Android smartphone that can meet your needs. Not even close. You'd need a flagship-level device, which will be somewhere north of 50,000INR, and you'd still have no support for a 1TB MicroSD card. By the way, if such a card did exist, you'd be looking at another 50,000INR just for the card!

rupeshforu3

Jan 31, 2013
I have reviewed some phones like HTC one me, LG g6 which have external memory support upto 2 TB. I am not sure about exact model names and so you search web for the keywords " Android mobiles with 2 TB". One of my friends brought HTC one for 16000 INR.

Ok at present can you suggest best android phone which provides best music experience with external memory support upto 128 GB.

Actually I have 250 GB music mp3 on my system hard drive and I have converted 160 GB which I think important to me to m4a and opus and the resulted site is 90 GB. I am able to play these m4a and opus files clearly on my present phone ie., HTC desire c 600 dual sim.

I have brought 64 GB memory card and it has 59 GB of storage space. I am searching for Android phone which has atleast 32 gb so that my desire may fulfill.

I have seen some reviews and they are saying that some android phones like Sony Xperia Z2, moto Z2 play provides rich experience while listening to music.

Finally can you suggest a phone which provides rich experience in listening music with external memory support upto 128 GB and internal memory upto 32 GB and the cost between 10000 INR to 16000 INR.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I wish I could. However the entry and mid-range smartphones all have some compromises, and audio is one of them.

rupeshforu3

Jan 31, 2013
I think that moto g4 play is best suitable for my current need

rupeshforu3

Jan 31, 2013
Someone suggested zte axon 7 which has a separate processing unit for audio but the price is too high and so please review zte models and suggest the one which is at low cost at present external memory support to 64 gb only.

rupeshforu3

Jan 31, 2013
At present I have reviewed the phones zte axon 7 and alcatel idol 4s.

I have reviewed the features of alcatel idol 4s and I have decided it is perfectly suitable to me and it comes at reasonable price.

Alcatel idol 4s has virtual reality feature as in Samsung Galaxy s6 edge, 512 GB external memory card support and has lot of features regarding audio but I have one doubt ie., does alcatel idol 4s has separate processing unit for audio as zte axon 7 has.

I think that alcatel is a Chinese company and so can I think that it doesn't work for lifetime atleast for 10 years without any problems.

rupeshforu3

Jan 31, 2013
I think that alcatel idol 4s has all the features like octa core processor, hi-fi audio, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB internal memory, 512 GB external memory card support etc., especially there are number of features listed under audio sub system.So I think that there is no need to buy a new phone upto ten years

I am asking whether alcatel idol 4s is a duplicate or fake product I mean I have seen some Chinese products like external speakers which resulted in circuit board failure. Someone also suggested that zte and alcatel are both Chinese products and so there is no chance of getting a life span of 10 years.

If I use the alcatel idol 4 with care are there any chances of getting failures.

Future_Bringer

Jul 12, 2017
Any specific price? If not, then what about getting LG V20 since it has DAC and AMP built in feature. The only problem here might be the price cost too much for me. But, you are not going to find this kind of feature on mediocore or low end smartphone. That is the price if you want get it.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Read the thread a bit more carefully. He wants something between 10,000 and 16,000INR (150 to 250USD). The V20 on amazon.in is around 32,000INR (500USD), which is a significant savings over the 60,000INR (935USD) the V20 normally costs. Now, he may be able to find a used V20 lurking around, but it's still likely to be out of his price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.