Best Tablet For A Child

GinAnDroid

Aug 26, 2010
Ok, I know this is the place to get good honest opinions from those who actually KNOW what they're talking about. I have a 4 year old I would love to get a tablet for. I work for T-Mobile so we are android FANATICS over here. I have a Nexus, my wife has a Mytouch Slide, my oldest has a mytouch just to say the least. I want to get my youngest a tablet though. The main things he would need to be able to do is play games here and there, watch movies (from SD card), and watch Youtube. I'm not looking to spend a lot because of his age and everything but I want something decent he can enjoy. Looking for any and all suggestions???

cmhdiamond

Oct 19, 2010
Well, I'm not the most knowledgeable on this forum by a long shot, but for a 4-year old, you probably want something durable, so I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest the Velocity Micro Cruz Storypad. Of course, it's currently not yet available, and I've heard mixed reactions on their other devices, but it could turn out to be a good fit.
Cruz Reader

Darkseider

Oct 19, 2010
I would say Benadryl. One Benadryl tablet will knock your kid out cold for at least 6 hours. Now that there, in my opinion, is the BEST tablet for a child.

Oct 2, 2010
Ok now seriously. The android tabs that are out are fairly decent and some of them should be good for a child. There's that Maylong tablet that's at Walgreens right now for 99.00 that should be ok for a 4 year old.

But, and I hate to say this, a not-the-current-generation iPod touch is actually the cheapest and most durable for a little kid. I had one for my severely handicapped 5 year old nephew (he's only at an 18 month old level for functioning) and it held up to his chewing on it and sometimes deleting the apps. It also held up well when he threw it into a wall. I also had games on it for my 10 year old, and the whole thing (on an eBay auction) cost me all of $80 including the 10 year olds games.

So there's some food for thought. It won't turn your kid into an Apple junkie or anything, my 10 year old likes my Android phone a lot better than the iPod Touch... ;)

GinAnDroid

Aug 26, 2010
LOL appreciate the suggestions (and I already know bout the Benadryl...he has allergies lol). I wanted the ipod touch but I just thought he needed something a little bigger and he loves the little simple games on the android marketplace. I guess I might still look around a little.