Best tablet for handwritting?

Crossfire

Oct 5, 2011
Hello, i am computer science a student and i am looking for the best tablet for handwritting. I would like to replace all those notebooks with a tablet, i should be using it in lectures. So i am not looking for tablet with handwritting recognition software, just the one which has a good screen to use with stylus. Also i don't need some fancy 23ghz quad-core proccessor with 4096 nVidia gfx that can run the fanciest fart app lol. Just something that's best for handwritting! Also i am still not sure about the size, 7" is of course better for portability, but 10" might be better for all that writing and sketching of electric / logic circuits etc...Any sugesstions or comments?

EDIT: lol sorry about the 'handwriTTing' typo, English is not my native language.

Last edited:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I would think you would want a tablet with a digitizer layer such as the new Lenova Thinkpad tablet or the HTC Flyer (which is a seven inch tablet and the price was recenty lowered from us$499 to $299)

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hello, i am computer science a student and i am looking for the best tablet for handwritting. I would like to replace all those notebooks with a tablet, i should be using it in lectures. So i am not looking for tablet with handwritting recognition software, just the one which has a good screen to use with stylus. Also i don't need some fancy 23ghz quad-core proccessor with 4096 nVidia gfx that can run the fanciest fart app lol. Just something that's best for handwritting! Also i am still not sure about the size, 7" is of course better for portability, but 10" might be better for all that writing and sketching of electric / logic circuits etc...Any sugesstions or comments?

EDIT: lol sorry about the 'handwriTTing' typo, English is not my native language.
i'd suggest you to buy something you really in need, just as what you said, a 10" might be better for writing... and undoubtedly, you need to buy a tablet PC with better capacitive touch sreen.
hope you can find what you want!
PS, we have a big sales promotion for android tablet PC recently, you can have a look! Good luck!:)

audriusv

Oct 7, 2011
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet do pretty good job converting english writings. But it is quiet expensive and locked down. Also some apps crashes with errors...

paulsam7

Aug 29, 2011
I have a Flytouch3/Superpad II, which is a Chinese pad with a resistive screen. Why resistive? Because you can get fine-point control with a stylus. I'm an artist, and drawing/sketching is important to me. For a long time I've had a retractable pen/stylus combo (Pilot Pentopia), which works very well. The big secret, however, is not the tablet but the SOFTWARE. I have finally found the app that handles writing very well for note-taking: Maple Paint (and it'll also take keyboard input for quick typing - I have a USB keyboard/case.) Also, a paint/drawing package that does very well for sketching is Canvas Pro. Hope that helps!

Androidicus

Sep 4, 2011
I would recommend an actual WINDOWS PC Tablet -- Gasp!

Something like this:

The reason being is you get what you pay for.

I know you stated you don't need something this powerful, but if you can afford it, the review highlighted why a lot of digital artists prefer this tablet to anything Android has to offer at the moment. Also, it would be a good long-term investment if digital art is your main occupation vs. buying a cheap tablet and having to upgrade later on.

Just my two cents...

Last edited by a moderator:

audriusv

Oct 7, 2011
I have a Flytouch3/Superpad II, which is a Chinese pad with a resistive screen. Why resistive? Because you can get fine-point control with a stylus. I'm an artist, and drawing/sketching is important to me. For a long time I've had a retractable pen/stylus combo (Pilot Pentopia), which works very well. The big secret, however, is not the tablet but the SOFTWARE. I have finally found the app that handles writing very well for note-taking: Maple Paint (and it'll also take keyboard input for quick typing - I have a USB keyboard/case.) Also, a paint/drawing package that does very well for sketching is Canvas Pro. Hope that helps!

Nice findings!