Best Tablet for Picture Viewing?

slr_noob

Nov 9, 2012
I'm in the market for a 10" Android tablet, but not sure which is the right one for me. I'm looking into the Transformer Prime (a friend is selling his)/Infinity and the Galaxy Note 10.1 at the moment.

My top 5 most important criteria are:
1) Screen
2) Expandable memory slot
3) Actual performance (although I don't game much on tablet let alone with my iPhone)
4) Decent camera
5) HDMI out (can live without it)

I'm curious about GPS, and that probably means the Nexus 10 is in the list too. Is it a A-GPS unit?

Thanks for your input.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

All your choices sound good. I don't know for certain if the Note is A GPS but I suspect it is but the GPS on the Prime, though it works, is sub prime. My thought is that if your friend is making a good offer on the Prime, go for it. I own one as do quite a few of my customers and they work great and will do all you are needing it to do.

slr_noob

Nov 9, 2012
My other question is what is the major difference between the Galaxy Note and the Galaxy Tab 2 besides the stylus?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
The Galaxy Note uses the Exynos Quad Core processor and is at the moment the most powerful device available, and the Tab uses a Tegra 2 I believe. There are some other differences as well, the Note uses Glonass as well as GPS and is very accurate, BT 4, the new dual band wifi and can take a 64 gig xdhc memory card. It also has 2 gigs of ram, probably to support the multitasking. The screens are the same resolution, lower than say the Infinity or Nexus 10, and aside from the Wacom digitizer layer on the Note they are of equal quality.

Sent from my Sony Tablet P