Best Way to Transfer Photos

TommyH

Feb 7, 2014
Hi everyone.
I just bought a Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 and was wondering what is the best way to transfer photos from my Sony Cybershot camera directly to the tablet. Camera has an SD card not micro.
Should I get a micro usb to usb cable so I can plug the camera straight in to the usb port on the tablet? Or maybe a card reader? Or perhaps get a new micro sd card with sd adapter for the camera?

Just wondering what others have done.

Thanks in advance

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
I mail my photos to myself. I don't think you can directly connect a camera to a tablet.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Your tablet's micro USB port needs to support host mode in order to transfer data. To find out if it does, use the following app: USB OTG Checker.

TommyH

Feb 7, 2014
Your tablet's micro USB port needs to support host mode in order to transfer data. To find out if it does, use the following app: USB OTG Checker.
Thanks edap. I ran the OTG checker and it says it is supported. So I guess now all I need is a micro to USB cable that supports OTG.
Thanks again for your help

TommyH

Feb 7, 2014
Just an update:
I picked up a micro usb to usb OTG cable on ebay for $1.99 including shipping from Hong Kong. Everything works. I'm able to transfer from camera to tablet, and tablet to usb stick. Also reads photos, movies etc from the usb stick.

Thanks for all your help.
Tommy