Big problem with NOOK Tablet

jnm0332

Jul 28, 2012
Hi,

I followed the directions in this procedure: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1402190. It seemed to work, that is the NOOK found the software on the SD card and installed it. When it booted up, the error message "Sorry! The process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force close." So I press Force close but the error comes back immediately. I have tried redownloading and installing the acclaim_update.zip file several times. And tried using a different SD card. I have also tried rebooting the NOOK many times but it's just stuck in this error loop. Any ideas?

I am running a NOOK Tablet 16GB. It was on OS v1.4.3 prior to installing the acclaim_update.zip file.

Thanks for any help.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Just wondering if the nook is running a android based OS which is Linux at it's core. How did you install a zip file on the device when zip files are compressed windows based files or programs and can not be run on Linux natively.

Sent from my A1_07 using Tapatalk 2

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Just wondering if the nook is running a android based OS which is Linux at it's core. How did you install a zip file on the device when zip files are compressed windows based files or programs and can not be run on Linux natively.

Sent from my A1_07 using Tapatalk 2

This is pretty much the way all ROMs and rootings are done. There is no problem installing zip files from recovery like ClockWork Mod or TWRP or factory recovery mode.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi,

I followed the directions in this procedure: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1402190. It seemed to work, that is the NOOK found the software on the SD card and installed it. When it booted up, the error message "Sorry! The process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force close." So I press Force close but the error comes back immediately. I have tried redownloading and installing the acclaim_update.zip file several times. And tried using a different SD card. I have also tried rebooting the NOOK many times but it's just stuck in this error loop. Any ideas?

I am running a NOOK Tablet 16GB. It was on OS v1.4.3 prior to installing the acclaim_update.zip file.

Thanks for any help.

You need to clear your caches. Since you are trying to restore to an earlier version of Nook Tablet OS, a factory reset will work. Power down then power on pressing tand holding both the n button and the power button. When prompted to reset follow the directions. Otherwise you need to go into Settings>Apps>All app find google services frame work then stop it clear it and reboot.

jnm0332

Jul 28, 2012
I installed the zip file from my Micro SD card. The factory reset worked like a charm - thank you very much! I'm back at v1.4.3 and I'm staying there. :)

Thanks for all of the help!

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
This is pretty much the way all ROMs and rootings are done. There is no problem installing zip files from recovery like ClockWork Mod or TWRP or factory recovery mode.

Ok, was just wondering, it doesn't seem to make sense to me but if that is how it is done and works then keep on keepen on.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Ok, was just wondering, it doesn't seem to make sense to me but if that is how it is done and works then keep on keepen on.

Of course :) That is how we all learn and share.

I installed the zip file from my Micro SD card. The factory reset worked like a charm - thank you very much! I'm back at v1.4.3 and I'm staying there. :)

Thanks for all of the help!

Glad you are up and running again. Always nice when things get back to working.

Fairhope

Aug 8, 2012
Hi, I posted on another thread, but then saw this one. I was told that my Nook tablet could not be rooted. When they were first sold they could, then BN got wise and send an update to prevent it from happening. Have I misunderstood? Is there a way now that it can be rooted?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011

mlnease

Sep 28, 2012
You need to clear your caches. Since you are trying to restore to an earlier version of Nook Tablet OS, a factory reset will work. Power down then power on pressing tand holding both the n button and the power button. When prompted to reset follow the directions. Otherwise you need to go into Settings>Apps>All app find google services frame work then stop it clear it and reboot.
This was extremely useful as well as quite simple. I searched for hours via Google and several forums before happening on this one. Hope you don't mind mentioning here that my problem is SOLVED for others searching for a solution to "The process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Thanks again!