Bluetooth connected but not transferring

Lord_Howithurtz

Aug 3, 2011
This is my first time using bluetooth so i'm a little inexperienced using/understanding it but it seems straightforward. I set up BT on my pc and galaxytab and in trying to move files to the tablet they just sit there and don't transfer to the tablet. I am definitely connected because when i turn on the tablet a media window pops up on my pc that's labeled with the tablet name and the other day i was checking out Pandora and the music was playing through my pc and not the tablet, so i can upload from the tablet but not download to it. This is what i tried when moving a file

right click on file
select "Send by Bluetooth to"...other devices
a window pops up with my phone (which doesn't work either but that's a different message board) and the tablet (listed as laptop computer but with the correct model number)
i select the tablet, click on ok
the File Transfer Manager window opens up and the file just sits there

Is there something else i need to configure? What am i missing?
Any help is appreciated.

Samsung galaxytab 10.1
Pc with win7
asus p8p67 motherboard with integrated bluetooth

gsucre

Oct 29, 2011
I have the same problem Samsung had me reset the device once and wanted me to do it again. It is less than one month old I am inclimed to returm it instead.

wasmacfreak

Oct 28, 2011
I have the same issue before. Even with connecting other samsung android device like SGS II, it have difficulty to transferring the data although they already pairing. Sometimes it work though:confused: ...but more often it doesn't.

Then I download Bluetooth File Transfer from the market (free). After installed, I put the Bluetooth File Transfer widget at home window so I can activate the bluetooth from there. And now it works perfectly, I can transfer and receive file from cell, mac, etc.

Lord_Howithurtz

Aug 3, 2011
Thanks for the replies. I already had BFT installed and never tried it.....yes I'm an idiot. I can connect the pad to the pc but when it gets to processing data I get a load error.

Reason: Can't get folder-listing of remote device
Reason: index=-8 length=4096

Anyone have thoughts or ideas?
Thanks again.