Bluetooth Connection

EdWoods

Aug 18, 2011
Hi all, I've had a Acer Iconia A501 for a couple of months now, and reckon it's great.

A tablet's main shortcoming, lack of a proper keyboard, was solved on the weekend with me purchasing a (genuine) bluetooth keyboard. While it's a little laggy, it's certainly still better than the on screen keyboard.

I have a problem with it connecting though. It's paired up properly, but if I turn off the tablet or the keyboard, it won't auto connect again. I have to go into settings each time and connect it manually. I have the auto-connect option ticked, so I'm not sure why this happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

heroicslug

Oct 10, 2011
Sometimes bluetooth passwords get in the way of autopairing. I had a pair of BT headphones that pretty much had to be set up manually every time because of the password (0000). I'd check the settings and see if the problem is that the password isn't getting remembered or something. Just a thought.

I'm getting a 3.x tablet soon, and it's come down to Toshiba Thrive or Iconia A500. Anything about yours (aside from this BT issue) giving you trouble, or would you recommend it?

EdWoods

Aug 18, 2011
Thanks for your reply.
The keyboard is paired, just not connected. I don't have to re-enter the password. When I go into settings, it shows the keyboard as "paired but not connected". I tap the status, and then it connects. Not a real big deal and I can learn to live with it, but it's a small annoyance.

I find the Iconia great. I have the A501 as I'm not always in a wireless area. The 3G works fine. I've never used any other tablet, only normal PCs, so I guess it's a little hard to judge. But it is very Google based. You must have a Google account. Don't know if this is the same with others.

The only other think I did consider was a Windows based tablet, but it just seemed a little awkward to use. The android OS is great once you get to know it. It works perfectly for internet and email (main reason I wanted it). The bluetooth keyboard (despite connection hassles) is certainly worth it. Makes it heaps more usuable.

Cheers.

EdWoods

Aug 18, 2011
Okay, problem solved. I am just too impatient. It does auto connect, however takes about 30 or so seconds to do it.

I just needed to wait a little longer...