book covers not showing in bookshelf....help

barbie34d

Dec 28, 2010
Ok I had books that I download from my laptop, I got them from a free website and they worked fine on my ipod, but when I dowloaded them onto my pandigital, the cover art does not show. I even put pictures in the thumbnail folder but they don't show up. Help me a little knowledgable when it comes to computers etc, but i'm kinda lost.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

tsvamp

Feb 22, 2011
Depending on which software you are using will depend on how and if you can get pictures showing. For Kobo I processed all of my book through Calibre and it fixd that issue. For Aldiko and some of the other Book apps that have a shelf you can do a long press on the generic book cover and a menu might pop asking where to find the picture if you have the JPEG point to the location and accept (some shelf based apps will also the edit properties or edit option to use and then follow the above with the long click) . For Kindle this is a no go side loaded books will not get covers.

techgal

Feb 18, 2011
What about on a Pandigital 7" white? I have several covers that have disappeared from view after the android firmware update. some are fine. I tried reformatting the books and covers using Calibre, but they are stubborn. Any thought?