book transfer question

nanaof2

Sep 2, 2012
Have a question about book transfer..what I'm finding (if I understand correctly) can not be done. I don't know anything about tablets so that's why i'm here :)
so here goes: I was using my son's Coby Kyros and paid for and downloaded an e-book, when I bought the book I clicked on the Aldiko E-Book app which then took me to Feedbooks which is where I bought the book. I just got myself a Kindle Fire and was wondering if there was anyway I could transfer that book from the Coby to the Kindle? I was told, It could possibly be done but then I found this on Feedbooks site:

All Kindle dedicated devices, and some Kindle software (desktop) are compatible with public domain and original books on Feedbooks. However, none of the books available on our store are compatible with the Kindle. We offer a few Kindle specific tips on our Kindle page.

All free books on Feedbooks are available in a Kindle compatible format (for both Kindle devices and mobile applications), but due to the closed nature of the Kindle ecosystem, none of the files available on our store are compatible with the Kindle.
To download a book in a Kindle compatible format, click on the book's name and then select the "Kindle" download option.
[h=3]Mobile Website[/h]You can also easily browse Feedbooks on your Kindle using our mobile website:

The mobile website provides all the browsing and search options of our normal website, but optimized for the mobile web.
[h=3]Inside our e-books[/h]At the beginning of our e-books, you'll find some of the other books available from the same author. You'll also find recommendations at the end of our e-books.
These are also links, that you can use to directly download these books.
SO, IF I'M READING THIS CORRECTLY, I CANNOT TRANSFER MY BOOK TO MY KINDLE RIGHT? I tried to post this question on the Kindle Fire site..but I didn't really get any help, that's why I came to this forum, thought maybe someone here could help me?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
As long as there is no drm protection there should be no problem. Just download the reader software to your Kindle fire, and I use FBreader mainly because it reads a wide variety of formats including epub and mobi. Then you should be able to just transfer the file from your Coby to the Fire and read it there. If there are drm issues it can be more complicated and you may have to strip the drm.

Sent from my Gibson using Tapatalk for Heavy Metal