bookmark & wifi meter issues?

Andy_Luv

Jul 20, 2011
While the 3.1 update didn't kill my wifi & I am able to connect regularly I do notice that my wifi icon on the tab shows a very weak signal. I have a netgear N750 router and when I connect with the tab it shows barely any signal strength. When I connect with my netbook (Asus) or my phone, MT4G,the signal strength shows a strong connection. I thought at first it was crappy range on the routers part but since both the phone & the netbook show strong connections it must be the tablet.

I'm also having issues with creating bookmarks in the stock browser. Tried synching with my chrome bookmarks and that doesn't work. When i try to manually add a bookmark it will create it in the bookmark widget but not list them in the bookmark section of the browser. I can also add bookmarks to the home screen but again not to the actual bookmark section on the browser. Anybody having this issue?

I got tired of messing around with it so I downloaded Maxthon browser. Imported my bookmarks from chrome and I was able to synch all my bookmarks with the desktop installation of maxthon with the mobile installation. Very nice browser.

5_star

Jun 11, 2011
I've had similar challenges with the strength of the wifi connection, in comparison to several laptops I use the tablet has much poorer connection strength. I think this is just a 'feature' of the A500.

magicalyak

Jul 15, 2011
Question - is it just a display issue or are you noticing actual slowness with your connection? I've noticed my meter sometimes indicates a "weak" connection to my home router, but I have yet to see any lag in the actual throughput....nothing scientific, but videos load equally as fast and we pages load the same...

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Andy_Luv

Jul 20, 2011
I downloaded wifi analyzer and it indeed shows a weak signal. I thought as you magical that maybe it was a "signal strength reporting" issue whereby the tablet shows a weak signal but in fact the signal is strong. Comparing my netbook & phone with the tab from the exact same spot & distance, the tab's signal is much weaker than the other 2 devices.