Bookmarks crash IE on Galaxy Note 10.1 / How to export bookmarks

LeanneLondon

Sep 22, 2013
I have a Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. Whenever I access bookmarks the browser freezes and wont let me access any bookmarks, then after about five seconds a small black box with the message "Unfortunately, Internet has stopped." and a box to click "OK" (which it clearly is not, sigh) comes up. This means I can't get in to any of my bookmarks. Please could someone tell me how to fix this? I've spent hours searching online for a solution, and have cleared various caches etc with no success. The only thing I've not tried is a full factory reset, but I understand that that will wipe all of my bookmarks? I really really don't want to lose my bookmarks. If a factory reset is the only solution, is there any way to export my bookmarks before I do this? I've tried connecting the tablet to my laptop by USB and have been through every folder but can't find where the bookmarks are stored? So any suggestions of how to access and export them would also be gratefully received. Please keep your replies as idiot proof and non-techy as possible, I'm new to tablets.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Your problem sounds like trouble with communicating on the Internet, which means WiFi may be an issue. Or, you could try a different browser=, like Next Browser. I have a link below in my sig that will take you to a thread with my name on it with WiFi connection solutions.

btw: there is no IE on Android. Just sayin.

vfsurvivor

Mar 17, 2014
Suddenly I can't access any of my favorites either. Screen goes black and box says "unfortunately internet has stopped working" which is a big fat lie lol. Could someone please offer some suggestions I can try? I'm not overly tech savvy. I do have AVG cleanup but nothing else. Thank you.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Before resorting to a Hard Reset, I'd try deleting the browser that's causing problems and clear cache but NOT data or settings. Then install the browser again.

Inness

Jun 29, 2014
Many thanks Spider, my bookmarks and history disappeared , so I downloaded the Bookmark Sort and Backup you mentioned, it did not work straightaway took a few minutes, and I switched off and then back on, and they are back , so pleased spent hours trying to find a fix. Also I had put AVG for tablets on , the Galaxy 10.1 but thinking there might be something on my tablet I downloaded Malawarebytes, and it found 4 malaware items.