browser problem

beckyoak

Mar 13, 2012
still having browser problem which I posted about a week ago. it crashes or freezes, especially when trying to stream video.
have changed browser, as suggested... have tried them all!! opera, dolphin, firefox, chrome... opera seems to be holding up the best but still having a terrible and frustrating time.
could it be a ICS problem?? how can i get honeycomb back???

roon4660

Mar 22, 2012
I'm having the same problem with the old version and am wondering whether to update to ics or wait. I can't get any of the browsers to stream properly through more than ten minutes without it bugging.

beckyoak

Mar 13, 2012
Well, after calling for help from brother-in-law who's in IT but doesn't know much about tablets... he decided to reinstall or reboot ICS. And have to say it has worked like a charm. Still don't like the browser that comes with it but I installed opera. It's streaming way better!! Don't know if this will help you. If you are interested I'll find out more.

jtsauburn

Sep 15, 2011
The streaming issue may be caused by addon's or othe programs running on the transformer that are not compatable with ICS. A full reboot sets everything back to start. As you reinstall apps, look to see if it is ICS compatable before you install. There are many ICS non specific apps that will run anyway. ead the user reviews; this will help clus you in.

beckyoak

Mar 13, 2012
Yep, i think you are right. Rebooted and been more careful when downloading apps. Running smoothly now. Ta.

antonylewar

Mar 12, 2012
Its not the problem of ICS or honeycomb. Just reset your phone to 'factory reset' your device. This will make your device to perform like a new one.

Last edited:

raju201239

Mar 23, 2012
Every browser has its uniqueness in some features. Say opera is best for faster browsing in slow internet connection. IE is very useful if you are looking for all kind browser based scripts support. Firefox is good for all kind browser nice experience.

You can read more about these browser at this page.