Browser Question

dschribs

Oct 18, 2011
First post!!!

FINALLY got a chance to play around w my Galaxy Tab 10.1 last night. Mostly looking on line, setting up bookmarks/favorites etc.

I have a question on the web browser. Every time I click on a link, it opens a new tab. After 10/15 minutes of browsing, I had tons of tabs opened up top. Is there any way to make the browser "behave" like Mozilla Firefox does on my home PC? In other words when I click on a link, it just goes to that web page without opening a new tab up top.

Also, when I shut down the browser, then re-open it, all of the tabs I had been looking at are still there. Basically what I'd like to have happen is to have all the tabs close out when I close out the browser.

Is there a workable solution to these issues?? Can I change the settings somewhere? Should I download a different browser??

Thanks!

redcloud

Aug 24, 2011
The simplest solution is to close the tabs that are not in use. The more options an app has the larger the foot print. So small is good when it comes to tablet apps. Form follows function and the simpler the app the better it will perform.

dschribs

Oct 18, 2011
I downloaded Dolphin Browser for Tab. Works way better than the stock browser (IMO).