Bulk buying power!!!

Cocobean

May 5, 2011
There are chinese manufacturer ready for business, if s7 owners got together to preorder, batteries, cases, etc then you only need one distributer to offer product online. We could pettition for preorder of product.?

There are enough s7 owners online, plus there is obvious demand as s7 is sold by telecom carriers, so unit sales numbers prove market exists.

A group effort, should yield positive results.

does anyone know an importer exporter or an electronics shop etc? as for chinese factories there are tens of thousands,

might even just need a mod for existing batteries? small gadget that clips onto a long life battery¿ or slight mod to existing case. Factories are usually pretty good at this kind of thing. As for development, the people on this forums are the best people for the job.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

Sorcerer

May 14, 2011
I think the issue will be how to organized a global member of s7 user to order the products in a bulk method. I think if Androidtablets.net becomes the distributor for the products (trusted and reliable) then it can make a difference.

Back here in Indonesia, S7 owners have increase since they cooperate with several telco operators but have a very minimum access for spare parts and accessories.

Last edited:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I think part of the problem is the short lifespan of these products in the market. I admit carriers selling the s7 makes a difference because people often have contracts, keep their devices longer, and instead of buying the next new tablet they will look for accessories. For me, if there had been some accessories readily available in the first 60 days of my ownership of my S7 I may well have invested in them, but now, although I LOVE my S7, I'm started to see all the shiny new devices out there and am beginning to feel a little Honeycomb lust.

Cocobean

May 5, 2011
Lol i feel the same lust, but will wait 12, months lol, as well as s7 have, galaxy s - stuff galore, nokia n95 ditto,

very dissapointed with accesories re ¿s7
But use it allmost exclusivly, perfect size for my hand. I use a nintendo ds full pen size stylus NO FINGERPRINTS!!!!!!

Thought top three requests for each major tablet in forums could be doable this way. Enough members and fairly similar and few complaints.
and community driven development,
open source hardware...... Accesories...

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
Just bought a second S7 for $110 secondhand. Now I have a spare battery, charger, and a development machine to test stuff on. :) This kind of makes up for the lack of accessories.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Just bought a second S7 for $110 secondhand. Now I have a spare battery, charger, and a development machine to test stuff on. :) This kind of makes up for the lack of accessories.

This is a GREAT idea, much better than buying just a second battery, for not much more you might as well get the whole tablet.

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
They are pretty cheap here in Australia. 199 new. So less than that used.

Cocobean

May 5, 2011
Lol two crap batteries is better than one, but a goooood battery is better.!!!

I know what you mean though about price, amazing value, for the price of a crappy flip phone with 3" screen you can get a "mini", computer which is a lot more powerful than my first pc.

Even galaxy tabs can be had for $300au. If you wanna muck around, so many roms!!

my issue is, like most oldies, we tend to look after our sh#t... Can u swear on this forum? and keep stuff in good condition.

I have a 4 year old nokia n95 in mint condition, you can even still read the buttons, because of screen protectors and cases.
I didn upgrade my phone out of necesity,
I was given the galaxy s for free from telstra, so you see for people like my enfeebled self, accesories are a must. (paid$1200au for n95)

I have a 1987 mercedes 300e (w124 chasis) for this reason, solid construction, durability, reliability, availability of parts, genuine, cheap after market, and high performace aftermarket.

You could fight off a mugger with the SOLID s7 which i love, my 3 year old gives it a regular caning too,

froyo and app2sd extended the life of the product, just wish i could protect it and use it for longer.