Calendar Syncing Problem

lobonca

May 19, 2013
I have a Lenovo s2110 Tablet and a Razr Maxx. Both have aCalandar+ installed on them but the Tablet will not sync.

When I had the free version of aCalendar installed both devices synced fine. I am using my gmail email acct to sync. I installed a different calandar app thinking maybe it was the app but the same issue happened with the new calendar app. So something is wrong somewhere on the Tablet.

I did go into Settings > Accounts & Sync
and the email address is set up properly and syn is ON.

Any ideas of what to do??

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Does the stock calendar app work? When you go to accounts/sync and try to sync are you getting any errors?

lobonca

May 19, 2013
Does the stock calendar app work? When you go to accounts/sync and try to sync are you getting any errors?

The stock calendar relies on having a Google+ account which I want to avoid at all costs. The app in question did sync with the free version. It uses three different methods of syncing: my email address, Google+ and syncing from a different calendar app on the same tablet. I believe the email address uses some sort of Android system.

Any and all help is appreciated.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The stock calendar app does NOT depend on Google+ to work. If you enter something in the WEB version of the Google calendar that should be all that is needed for it to appear in the stock app. (It will only support 1 calendar).

If you can get the stock app to work the others should as well.

lobonca

May 19, 2013
The stock calendar app does NOT depend on Google+ to work. If you enter something in the WEB version of the Google calendar that should be all that is needed for it to appear in the stock app. (It will only support 1 calendar).

If you can get the stock app to work the others should as well.

I found the problem. The app had the options as to which calendars to sync. The app has multiple calendars that it can sync:
including various local calanders and cloud calandars. I was saving new entires as local calendar and the app was set to sync applications with my email address. DUH moment.