Can A Tablet Be Connected Where There Is Only An Ethernet Outlet?

medindexer

Jun 17, 2015
My son will be in China, and in the place where he will stay there will only be ethernet. He has an ASUS Memo Pad 7 tablet (with Wifi and microUSB)
Is there anyway to get the tablet to communicate with the ethernet so that he can browse?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
You might be able to use a router, or a cheap pc to supply WiFi to tablet.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C using Tapatalk

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Get a mobile WiFi router. Plug in the Ethernet and it provides a bridge to the WiFi

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi medindexer, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where people are more likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

medindexer

Jun 17, 2015
Get a mobile WiFi router. Plug in the Ethernet and it provides a bridge to the WiFi
This sounds possible. I'm only a lightweight techie so could you explain what sort of product this is - maybe send me a link to a suitable product - I'm in the UK, so if you are in the US, hopefully you can mention a product that I'm likely to be able to buy here. Thanks
(Someone also mentioned I could use a laptop with and ethernet and Wifi, but I don't understand how that would work)

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
This sounds possible. I'm only a lightweight techie so could you explain what sort of product this is - maybe send me a link to a suitable product - I'm in the UK, so if you are in the US, hopefully you can mention a product that I'm likely to be able to buy here. Thanks
(Someone also mentioned I could use a laptop with and ethernet and Wifi, but I don't understand how that would work)
Do a search for portable Internet router. Here is a link to some reviews http://www.pcworld.com/article/2150...y-a-secure-wi-fi-network-almost-anywhere.html