Can I use Logitech 3.0 bluetooth keyboard on Le Pan TC970 Tablet?

hankbee83

Jul 7, 2012
I have a Logitech bluetooth keyboard that I bought to use with my recently purchased Vizio Vtab1008. Yesterday I had a chance to see and use a Le Pan TC970 tablet, and the difference between the two is like night and day. The bottom line is that I ordered the Le Pan and will receive it in about a week. I'll be returning the Vizio. However, since the keyboard is for devices running Android 3.0 or higher, and the Le Pan is running Android 2.2, is there any way that I can use the keyboard. I really like it and the return period for Best Buy has expired, so I'm stuck with it if it won't work on the Le Pan. I would appreciate any help or suggestions that are offered.

hankbee83

Jul 7, 2012
I have a Logitech bluetooth keyboard that I bought to use with my recently purchased Vizio Vtab1008. Yesterday I had a chance to see and use a Le Pan TC970 tablet, and the difference between the two is like night and day. The bottom line is that I ordered the Le Pan and will receive it in about a week. I'll be returning the Vizio. However, since the keyboard is for devices running Android 3.0 or higher, and the Le Pan is running Android 2.2, is there any way that I can use the keyboard. I really like it and the return period for Best Buy has expired, so I'm stuck with it if it won't work on the Le Pan. I would appreciate any help or suggestions that are offered.

Having received no replies to my post I had to continue my research. This is what i found: On another forum there was an individual that was able to connect the same bluetooth keyboard that I have with no problems. I also was able to do so. Something worth noting in my case was that when I received my Le Pan TC970 Tablet the firmware was Build 4749. I believe the latest build that I had read about and was on Le Pan's website was 4626. Whether the later build had corrected the bluetooth connection problem or not, I don't know, but it is a possibility. The keyboard worked OK with 2 exceptions: Arrow keys: Left/right keys now work up/down and the up/down keys now work left/right. Tab Key: causes the screen to jump all over the place. All the other keys, including the special function keys, (volume keys etc) work. I can live with the 2 exceptions mentioned, since the main thing I wanted was ability to use an external keyboard. In connecting the BT keyboard, when it ask for the PIN number, use anything like 0000 or 1234, enter this into the tablet, then be sure to enter the same numbers on the keyboard and hit enter. Your connection will be made.

I hope this helps someone out there that also wants to have the flexibility of using a physical keyboard rather than the virtual keyboard. For entering contacts data etc and creating documents, it's so much faster. Also look into using Google Drive and Google Cloud Print and Google Chrome to have the ability to print documents created on you tablet. This makes the tablet take on features of a laptop and certainly makes it much more versatile.

newbyattech

Oct 5, 2012
Having received no replies to my post I had to continue my research. This is what i found: On another forum there was an individual that was able to connect the same bluetooth keyboard that I have with no problems. I also was able to do so. Something worth noting in my case was that when I received my Le Pan TC970 Tablet the firmware was Build 4749. I believe the latest build that I had read about and was on Le Pan's website was 4626. Whether the later build had corrected the bluetooth connection problem or not, I don't know, but it is a possibility. The keyboard worked OK with 2 exceptions: Arrow keys: Left/right keys now work up/down and the up/down keys now work left/right. Tab Key: causes the screen to jump all over the place. All the other keys, including the special function keys, (volume keys etc) work. I can live with the 2 exceptions mentioned, since the main thing I wanted was ability to use an external keyboard. In connecting the BT keyboard, when it ask for the PIN number, use anything like 0000 or 1234, enter this into the tablet, then be sure to enter the same numbers on the keyboard and hit enter. Your connection will be made.

I hope this helps someone out there that also wants to have the flexibility of using a physical keyboard rather than the virtual keyboard. For entering contacts data etc and creating documents, it's so much faster. Also look into using Google Drive and Google Cloud Print and Google Chrome to have the ability to print documents created on you tablet. This makes the tablet take on features of a laptop and certainly makes it much more versatile.

I can't type my email address into the gmail sign in. Every time I put a period [email protected] it gets all jumbled and the period ends up at the end and it erases the first half. This is very frustrating. Also I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for a word program to use on the LePan tablet? Finally, how long does the battery on the logitec key board last for you?