Cannot access YouTube videos

Griezz

Jun 8, 2011
On my gTablet (which still uses the original system - don't know enough to start flashing ROMs), I cannot access the videos on YouTube.

My Update app indicates that I have the most current update for the OS (Froyo). I am even able to watch videos on other websites, such as Mediaite or CNN. However, when I go to YouTube itself & click on a video, all that happens is that the video gets that tan-colored tint from being selected, pauses for a few seconds, and then I get a message saying that Web has stopped running, requiring a "Force Close" or "Wait". ("Wait" just causes the message to appear again after a few more seconds.) This happens whether I am trying to watch a video in HD or in SD.

I have tried installing another browser (Dolphin). When I click on a video at the YouTube website, the tint appears for one second then returns to normal; however, nothing happens. No video playing, no error message, no nothing. Again, however, I can access videos at non-YouTube websites, such as Mediaite (well, some of the videos play, anyways).

Now, since I have the most recent update, my gTablet should be able to handle Flash items, correct? If so, then why is it that I cannot watch a single video on the YouTube website? And why is it that I can watch similar videos elsewhere, but on the specific YouTube video itself, I cannot?

luvduchovny

May 20, 2011
Griezz,

If you haven't converted your gtab you will have to go other places to update your software. To fix Youtube go to this website:
Download free YouTube app for Android at Freeware Lovers. Click the download for 2.0.16. It should download and let you install the apk file and it should have you running YouTube with no problems.

For Adobe Flash, go here: Download free Adobe Flash Player app for Android at Freeware Lovers.

Just keep a bookmark for freewarelovers handy. Without Android Market on your tablet it will almost never seek out a new update of software. You will have to be vigilant and remember to check on updates.

Griezz

Jun 8, 2011
- downloaded
- installed
- happily watching YouTube

Much appreciation, Ludo