Cannot directly download any files

Griezz

Jun 8, 2011
After installing the latest versions of CWM and CyanogenMod 7 (Harmony Nightly), I find that I can no longer directly download apps or documents to my gTablet's internal memory. While the stock OS allowed me to download to the internal memory (as well as gave me an alert allowing me to instantly install the app), all I now get is an error message saying that I need to have a micro SD card inserted to download any file.

I'ts not that there is no memory; I check CM7's Storage applet and it tells me that there is plenty of memory available, most of it in the /EMMC directory. However, there seems to be no way to tell the tablet that I want to download any app to the internal memory. I actually have to download to PC, transfer via USB and then install via the File Explorer. Why the huge run around? I even tried using Settings - CyanogenMod Settings - Application - Install Location and set it to "Internal". Nothing happens!

Can anyone offer any help? What am I missing? Do I absolutely NEED an external mini SD card in order to download directly to the tablet now?

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
yeah.. that's a factor if you're goig to use Cyanogen Mod.. it lists the actual physical sd card as the sd card where as alot of other roms, as with stock, list the internal mem partion as the "sdcard" and the external sd card as "sdcard2".. if you don't actually have a micro sd card to use i'd suggest using another rom.