Cannot install non stock ROMs.

cq842000

Jul 2, 2011
Okay, so I got the leaked Acer generic Honeycomb 3.1 "update.zip" and it installed without issue. However, after gaining root access (verified via root check), installing Busybox v1.18.4 (1.9 didnt like my device), and installing clockworkmod rev 1.3.4 via Acer recovery I find that I cannot complete the ROM installation. I have tried numerous kernels supposedly geared towards my device to no avail. I did boot into recovery mode, factory reset/wipe, wipe cache, wipe battery statistics, and clear dalvick cache....but it didnt work. None of the three kernels I've tried actually install. So far I have tried "UNITY_V1_2.6.36.4_OC1600_SLQB_CIFS_TUN_VR", "unity_v3_picasso_acer", and "Virtuous_Picasso_v1.0.8_Acer_based_thor-kernel v1.1-beta" They say installation from sd completed, (even though the progress bar lasts all of 3 seconds and the text doesnt properly populate) but I get the boot hang upon power cycle. I did verify that the kernels werent corrupted, and I have been able to unbrick via the 3.1 update.zip. Any help would be appreciated.

Oh and also of note, is that I have two mico SD cards, one 16GB SDHC which for some reason wont mount, and a 2GB SD that mounts properly. Both sd cards were formatted from the tablet.

Everytime I try to flash a kernel now I get the garbled screen.

Last edited:

shdw03

May 11, 2011
Much better to ask these questions on the xda forums...especially simce thats probably where you got the roms

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Android Tablet Forum