Cannot Mount Inner SD Card on MID 9742

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I'm not Vampirefo, but this looks good. I noticed that your ROM (dated 6/14/12) includes Acrobat Reader, Flash, and Officesuite Pro Viewer, which are not to be found on my version of the ROM from 3/30/12.

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
ok i have flashed cwm and have flashed gapps ics so i can get google play but play keeps closing.
should i try to flash mobiz v2?
tried mobis and got the same results as before with the internal sd card and camera.
restored backup, so all ok so have to try another way to get google play, any ideas?

Last edited:

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
vampirefo, traveller1701 would you mind looking at the tgz file to find out why i am having a hard time using google play as well as having all the fuctions, its kind of frustrating.
i am starting to think that i wont be able to run it as i have different hardware, thx

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
How many times did you shut down and boot the tablet after installing the apps? I vaguely recall that after letting the tablet upgrade I tried running the Play Store myself after entering my account information, and it force closed. Oddly enough, wiping both the data and the cache then rebooting seemingly cured the problem, similar to what I had to do in order for the apps to recognize the replacement build.prop in my tweaks.

Last edited:

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
How many times did you shut down and boot the tablet after installing the apps? I vaguely recall that after letting the tablet upgrade I tried running the Play Store myself after entering my account information, and it force closed. Oddly enough, wiping both the data and the cache then rebooting seemingly cured the problem, similar to what I had to do in order for the apps to recognize the replacement build.prop in my tweaks.

i tried just to install the gapps and your tweaks on the original rom but googleplay keeps failing even after rebooting a few times. tried the mobiz rom and all works except the original issue with the inner sd card and camera not finding the innersd card.
i have now flashed the cwm backup and have tried clearing cache and doing the tweaks but still now good all works except the google play.

my machine may be an english variation or its been updated or changed in some way

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
But I didn't see you wipe the data for the play store. Go to Settings, then apps. Select the All tab then scroll down to the play store. Wipe data and cache from there. Repeat the process for the Google Services Framework. Reboot. Enter your info again, if necessary.

The hardware in this instance makes no difference. This is a software issue.

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
But I didn't see you wipe the data for the play store. Go to Settings, then apps. Select the All tab then scroll down to the play store. Wipe data and cache from there. Repeat the process for the Google Services Framework. Reboot. Enter your info again, if necessary.

The hardware in this instance makes no difference. This is a software issue.

sorry i didnt think about the date and cache wipes, i have done that and i am now getting server error, any suggetions?

Last edited:

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
Server error? You're making progress.

Close out of the Play Store, remove it from the list of recent apps, then restart it, as I mention here.

i have managed to get play working on a couple of times as per your instructions and clearing my account info. i get the home page but when i tried to do anything with play it closes and it then takes ages of trial and error to get it going again.
so i have managed to get it going a nd left it to kind of settle and see how that goes.
as usual it closes tried to do an update or download anything with the error of "unfortunately googleplay has stopped working" so i try force stopping and clearing data and cache then get server error iu almost get things running and it fails, grrrr.

Last edited:

Joland

Nov 12, 2012
Here you go flash via cw recovery.

A37LG_boot.zip

VAMPIREFO! First of all I want to take you for the Cm9 mod and the momo one. I registered on this forum because I have the same problem as kenroy. I would like to ask you if you could do that for my CobyMid8042-4? anytime you are free!!

my tablet have no access to my internal sd card.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
VAMPIREFO! First of all I want to take you for the Cm9 mod and the momo one. I registered on this forum because I have the same problem as kenroy. I would like to ask you if you could do that for my CobyMid8042-4? anytime you are free!!

my tablet have no access to my internal sd card.
You need to upload your boat.img

Joland

Nov 12, 2012
You need to upload your boat.img

It got miraculously fixed! haha What Im really glad for is..... your fast reply! hehe thanks Vampirefo.
been using your CWM CM 9 Momo and mobiz.

tell you how it got fixed but first how it got broken
i was using the ever cool CM9 rom and I borrowed my friend's SD card, when I mounted it, my coby said it was damaged
sooo I clicked Format and you know what happened? It cleaned the SD card AND my internal SD card. haha
so what I did was, mount mount mount like crazy I even mounted it in CWM but nothing happened.
so i wanted to go back to stock rom but didnt know how so boo. haha
used the deoxidized rom of steev or sokar i guess
it didnt detect the SD card couldnt mount by itself
so went back to CM9 and it detected it but couldnt format it and i went to sokar or steev's rom again and it detected it this time and could format it. and thats how it got fixed. hehe

cool people cool forum. thumbs up! =)