Can't Hard-Reset

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Higuys, This on my Huawei S7-201W...

I think I need to reset my tab, because it was getting so quirky that things weren't working right- It would reboot if you turned the WiFi on!

So I tried to reset by pressing the power button for about a minute. All that did was turn it on, with a recycling Ideos logo...

Then I tried pressing the volume down button and power buttons, all the LEds started flashing and I got a white bar on the screen. I thought the bar was some kind of progress bar, but the flashing didn't stop, and the bar never changed, so I took the battery out after several minutes, then put it back in to charge.

Does anyone know what might be happening? Did I do the reset correctly? I keep the micro SD card in the slot, which has backup copies of Android apps, so did the OS try to load an app as the OS and corrupt itself?

This is a bummer for the upcoming holidays.

thanks, and merry Christmas

andamas

Feb 15, 2011
You performed the correct process, I'd try it again. Let go of the buttons when the logo appears.
Are you running the stock rom?

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Yes, it's the stock ROM.

Right now I think the tablet is working that way because the holder in the one car has a bit of a squeeze on the tablet, and the suction cup thing fell off the windscreen a few times, so I think the screen was banged a couple times. It did work fine until the other day, when it just quit working...

I did do the reset thing a bunch of times, with the same result. I'm wondering if moisture could cause that problem.

Last edited:

andamas

Feb 15, 2011
Well, moisture is never good. What makes you think it's damp? To be honest, I haven't dropped my tablet often, but if wifi is causing a reboot, it is most likely software and not hardward. If you can afford to do a factory reset, that might be your best bet.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
It's never been rained on, or dropped in the toilet, if that's what you mean, but sometimes I leave it in the car, or drive with the windows down. The possibility of a little moisture infiltration is there. IMO, it's more likely that the squeezing from the homemade holder deformed the internal frame.

IMO, Huawei doesn't make good tablets, though the S7 was good for learning about tablets. The likelihood of a WiFi software glitch is high, IMO, as there has never been any kind of system upgrade in the 14 months I had it. Even the English user manual was in that Chinese-English you get with cheap gadgets.

I have backups on the micro SD card, so app-recovery is not a problem. But since I have a new Nexus 7, I will give the Huawei to the nephew to see if he can get it back.

andamas

Feb 15, 2011
I fully agree with your assessment.

It's never been rained on, or dropped in the toilet, if that's what you mean, but sometimes I leave it in the car, or drive with the windows down. The possibility of a little moisture infiltration is there. IMO, it's more likely that the squeezing from the homemade holder deformed the internal frame.

IMO, Huawei doesn't make good tablets, though the S7 was good for learning about tablets. The likelihood of a WiFi software glitch is high, IMO, as there has never been any kind of system upgrade in the 14 months I had it. Even the English user manual was in that Chinese-English you get with cheap gadgets.

I have backups on the micro SD card, so app-recovery is not a problem. But since I have a new Nexus 7, I will give the Huawei to the nephew to see if he can get it back.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
was hoping you'd have a solution to get it working again :D;)

Music

Feb 5, 2011
It is locked in a boot animation and all the usual reset procedures fail.

I will conclude Huawei doesn't know how to make an Android tablet that works, especially with their "customised" OS that crashes until the device bricks itself. It's a good thing the battery comes out, so you could at least reset it a few times before it gets corrupted.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
the only thing that hasn't been tried is going through the docking port. Is it possible to hard-reset the tablet by shunting a few of the contacts together?

The only other thing I can think of doing is to send the tablet to Huawei America, to have it serviced there.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Higuys,

I kinda forget, but Is it possible to flash the ROM using the micro SDcard and without doing all the root and ADB commands? I thought you could just put the ROM zip file on the SD card and stick it in and reboot?