Can't see the extsd

jackso11

Jul 12, 2011
I still cant get my external sd card to show up at all.

This is what I have in my vold.fstab at the moment.....

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/mxsdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0
dev_mount extsd /mnt/extsd auto /devices/platform/mxsdhci.2/mmc_host/mmc2
#dev_mount sdcard /mnt/disk auto /devices/platform/mxsdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0
#dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/mxsdhci.2/mmc_host/mmc2
dev_mount udisk /mnt/udisk auto /devices/platform/fsl-ehci.1/usb

is something wrong there or is there another file I need to change?

I have also tried....

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/mxsdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/extsd auto /devices/platform/mxsdhci.2/mmc_host/mmc2
#dev_mount sdcard /mnt/disk auto /devices/platform/mxsdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0
#dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/mxsdhci.2/mmc_host/mmc2
dev_mount udisk /mnt/udisk auto /devices/platform/fsl-ehci.1/usb

jackso11

Jul 12, 2011
so nobody on this forum actually knows anything about android then? or just not willing to help other people out.

jackso11

Jul 12, 2011
Thanks for the reply :)

I have rooted the tablet so I can edit the vold.fstab file. don't need a file manager, I have esexplorer, the tablet just wont recognise that there is an sd card insterted at all. I am new to android but it seems the extsd drive isn't even mounting. I have tried several sdcard but no joy. I guess the vold.fstabneeds to be changed somehow but nut sure how.

Any help will be apreciated. I would just reflash with android 2.2 again but from what I have read I need a verison of android that is specific to my tablet....is that correct? I don't know where I can get a Dawa D9 specific flash.

jackso11

Jul 12, 2011
I changed the vold.fstab and the internal memory is now not recognised either! I changed it back and the internal memory hasn't come back! any ideas?

jackso11

Jul 12, 2011
tried factory reset too, no joy. There is no option to mount/unmount in the SD card menu, it just says SDCard unavailable

jackso11

Jul 12, 2011
I just noticed 3 drives appear in windows explorer when the USB is connected to the tablet, but none of them have any viewable properties. i.e. size, space etc..

marco86xx

Sep 8, 2011
how did you?
I have a Dawa A9 with sim card slot and external SD placed above. The folder extsd there but when I try to open, I recive the message "empty folders". how I can fix this? as I do I mount the SD card? :(

almunday

Apr 3, 2011
I had this problem until I realised that my external sd card was showing up as a folder within the default (internal) sd card folder as "tflash". Perhaps this may not be the same with all tablets, but in case it helps, I watched my default (internal) sd folder whilst reinserting my card, the taskbar showed that the card was being mounted and I noticed the new tflash folder had appeared. I went into the folder and sure enough, could see the items that I knew were on the card. I further checked the properties of tflash, which also confirmed the correct size of my card.There is still a problem where all default settings for apps etc point to the internal card, but so far, in Dolphin and Astro file manager, for instance, I have been able to adjust the settings. I hope this may help, but my sympathies to anyone for whom it doesn't. Since posting this I realise that this thread is model specific, so my apologies if the G10 doesn't work in quite the same way as my A816, but it is all to the good if this does help.

Last edited: