Can't use Facebook with Coby 7015

Slim5819

Feb 11, 2011
I've had my Coby 7015 since March and by and large it's worked fine. However, the past two weeks whenever I use the browser to go to the Facebook website, I see my Facebook Home page with updated conversations but after about 5 seconds I get knocked off the page, and, in fact, the Internet. I'm able to use any other website with no problems. It's kind of irritating as it was so easy to use the Coby just to check in with my Facebook friends and conversations.
I've tried doing a reset twice and that hasn't made any difference. Does anyone have an idea as to what might be going on?

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Use the Facebook for Android app instead and see if that works.

Murf

Jun 20, 2011
I'm on GingerBread 2.3.1 and when I go to Market and search I can find no Facebook app on there, none. There are 3 different ones on tipstir's Log in
but I don't know which one to use. I just picked one and it seems to work accept the weird thing is when it says "click to use Facebook for Andriod" it can never find the link either. Can anyone else get Facebook app off Market or did they remove it?

pinay2011

Apr 10, 2011
I have had facebook for android on my previous tablets (Eclair). I now have Gingerbread 2.3.3, and wanted to download the facebook app, but I don't see it (like Murf above) on the tablet's market app. Puzzled as well...

celiarosec

Aug 20, 2011
I, too, am having this issue. I rooted the MID7015 and added the Android Market to it. The problem was occurring even before I rooted the tablet. Logging on online, I get kicked off after 5 minutes. If I try using the Facebook app found in AppLib as well as the one downloaded with Android Market there is a problem connecting, and I am unable to use Facebook.
I would be very grateful to find out a fix.

yhen2386

Aug 18, 2011
Me three..I rooted my mid7015 yesterday and install the GApps and etc..but the facebook that come with the GApps is not working at all..so i install Opera browers and the facebook works fine in that browser..:D

Anybody know how to upload movie in mid7015 and what do i need so it will play??please help..

Murf

Jun 20, 2011
I wanted to try various video players to see which ones I like the best. Your experience my be different. I'm on GB2.3.3 OEM#1.

MxVideoPlayer - I've installed both 6 and 7 Codecs, but when I try to start, screen goes black and drops out of app.

mVideoPlayer - long tap when video is playing and Volume and Brightness controls appear on the top of the screen.

Android Media Player - Plays Music, Video, and Radio. Has Volume adjustment (not brightness that I saw).

Mobo Player - Download ARM V6VFP codec. slide verticle on left side of screen to adjust brightness and right side of screen for volume. Had issues during playback. Screen went black. Had to go crazy pressing Orb and Power to get screen to come back on. Buggy. Don't like.

Daroon Player - download codec at prompt when starting first time. Has ability to play a DVD folder like you would rip from a DVD, - Video_TS folder (did not test this). Tap screen and can change aspect ratio on the fly, Volume control (no brightness), can see time and battery. Can go to an exact spot in film by entering counter number. Lots of settings.

Vital Player - During playback, slide up and down on Left for Volume, Center for Zoom, Right for Brightness. Lots of settings (speed vs. quality being one). Can lock screen. Tap to see battery level at top.

So I like Daroon and Vital the best. If DVD file playback is imporant, go with Daroon. If Brightness control is important, then Vital (unless it is buried in Darron settings, I didn't see it.) I'm leaning towards Daroon for the DVD file playback, but like them both.

Last edited:

Slim5819

Feb 11, 2011
Sorry I haven't gotten back here. I was on vacation for a week and forgot about the post. In the meantime I've downloaded Seesmic from Amazon App Store and it seems to work pretty well. At least I'm not getting kicked off after five or less minutes. There are other Apps for Android at Amazon which you might prefer, but I'd start with Seesmic.

I've had my Coby 7015 since March and by and large it's worked fine. However, the past two weeks whenever I use the browser to go to the Facebook website, I see my Facebook Home page with updated conversations but after about 5 seconds I get knocked off the page, and, in fact, the Internet. I'm able to use any other website with no problems. It's kind of irritating as it was so easy to use the Coby just to check in with my Facebook friends and conversations.
I've tried doing a reset twice and that hasn't made any difference. Does anyone have an idea as to what might be going on?

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
I don't use my Coby much these days but I checked and Facebook works fine. If you have your security settings set so that you have to approve log ons (they send you a code via SMS you have to type in before you're allowed to log in) turn it off. That feature is horribly implemented and blocks log ons from Android devices. Facebook of course, doesn't care.