captive s7 dual-touch, and TuneinRadio freeze problem :)

Themoses

Mar 8, 2011
Hello all ^^

I own a dual-touch captivescreen s7 with no intergrated SD (i have an 8gb microSD card inserted) , and I'm currently facing couple problems which I'm couldn't find any solution or discussion to them :) so I was hoping if anyone could have some input on this.

1. captivescreen bug:

There is a person who uploaded a video regarding this issue; when bottom left and top right's clicked , the axis jump to top-left and bottom-right :( and 2 axises cannot switch positions from a rotation, so during game plays such as pocket legends, it often mis-click on things :(

here is the video link :)

From what I can think of is that, since Taiwanese rom is also locked in 2-way rotation, could it be what's causing the problem? so I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem?

2. TuneinRadio stop playing/freeze/system hang then restarts:

It's just when I play musics it randomly stops or hangs, regarding if I'm using wifi or 3g, I think it might of being cache overloading or something? but I don't know how to fix it and it seems most people are happy using TuneinRadio with no such issue.. so I was wondering if anyone had encountered such problem?

I have rooted my s7, but I have not yet used app2sd or link2sd because I'm not very technically smart ....

the reason I rooted is because my s7 came with a build-in free version of document-to-go, and I could not upgrade or install my paid version of the software so I had to root it and remove it manually before I could install the full-version :)

If anyone's facing that problem, this way could fix it ^^

:) Thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:

Themoses

Mar 8, 2011
OK just an update on this touch-screen issue, I got in touch with this guy who did the video and he has informed me that this is indeed an hardware issue, and cannot be fixed. He also informed me that the viewsonic viewpad 7 has the same problem, and they have no clue how to fix it either.

Themoses

Mar 8, 2011
The touchscreen characteristic is not a hardware issue. It is a hardware limitation. I have seen a touchscreen driver workaround to add tracking code to make it track a little differently, but you would need to work on the kernel.

I mentioned this 'issue' 4 months ago: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...pacitive-touch-huawei-s7-variant-arrives.html

I couldn't replicate your issues with Tuneinradio

Thanks Xaueious!! I've actually seen that video, but it was in Russian so I couldn't understand what he was saying haha. So this hardware limitation could proof to be problematic when it comes to apps/games which require you to do the similar movement, I do hope the officials would spend abit of time on this limitation ^^;

So tuneinRadio is ok for you?~ hrm.. maybe I'll do a factory reset and see it'll fix it :)