Case For TF?

caseenBrandon

Nov 15, 2011
I did say the BlueRex is a high quality case... however that snap on case is plastic and the "high quality leather" is synthetic leather not genuine leather... That is what I meant.

I didn't say anything bad about the BlueRex... I know how that case is made and it is a good case. But definitely not genuine leather...

I've taken a look at the Yoobao, and it is genuine leather so that is something of a different material from that BlueRex case you are talking about. Consumers need to know the difference between actual genuine leather... and synthetic leathers... its all too common these days for people to say their case is 'leather' without the mention of synthetic and genuine. That is a travesty.

Did I say anything to make you take offense? If so, I am sorry for that.

Brandon
caseen Customer Service

Last edited:

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I wasn't planning on buying a case, but saw this on sale at Amazon for $3.21 and decided to try it out of morbid curiosity:

Amazon.com: CaseCrown Bold Standby Case for ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Tablet: Electronics

Turned out to be much nicer than I expected (for less than the cost of a venti mocha). Probably the only minor con is it only has one landscape viewing angle -- just a bit steep for watching movies.

EDIT: Wow, it LITERALLY just changed price from $3.21 to $4.21. I guess that cuts a little more into the coffee budget. ;)
$41c3CKC0rYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
-Matt

Last edited:

jseah

Nov 21, 2011
You can get the tri-fold one (the front cover bends in two different places so you can adjust the angle).

Amazon.com: CaseCrown Bold Trifold Case (Black) for ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Tablet: Electronics
The price is $1.21, but it is sold directly from the vendor, so you have to pay $4.99 for shipping (the one you referenced is fulfilled by Amazon so you can get free shipping through Amazon Prime).

FWIW, I bought the same one you referenced, but it is in blue. Seems like the only complaints about the case is that with the number of magnets on the cover, apparently it affects the GPS chip in the tablet, which I don't really care about since I really have no use for the GPS in the tablet (if I want to use Google Maps to give me directions, I can use it on my phone).

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I saw several comments about magnets in the CaseCrown model, but it seems as if maybe later reviews have had a better experience. I tried it out last night and noticed no problems. Quick and accurate lock on GPS. But it's a moot point -- like you, my Droid 3 is my trusty navigation device. (I LOVE Android -- just a few years ago, the thought that a little cell phone could replace so many devices was almost laughable.)

-Matt

jseah

Nov 21, 2011
that looks like a good case but one question. when the case is folded all the way back do you have access to use the back camera?
jh2.jpg

22.jpg

6.jpg

and nice vid​

If the cover is folded back flat, it will cover the back camera. This would be the case with any similar case.

gpo1956

Dec 18, 2011
I just recieved the Blurex case yesterday and I have got to say, I am very impressed. Excellent case. Fit is great and all the right openings at all the right places. Also, ordered iot last Saturday and recieved it on Wednesday!!

caseenBrandon

Nov 15, 2011
Amazing price for the CaseCrown. I'd act quick. Great fitting PU case. =)!!!!!!!!!!

Must be trying to get rid of inventory.