Changing font size

wdc

Sep 28, 2014
On my Hannspree tablet with Android ... The text that appears on a web site is way too big. Please tell me how I change the size of the text.Thanks. ... wdc

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
The font size can be changed in the options for your browser. For Firefox: Options, Content, Fonts & Colors

wdc

Sep 28, 2014
Spider: Thanks for your help. I am able to reach URLs (like NYTimes.com) bu, sad to say, I do not recall or know what browser I am using. How can I tell what browser I have installed?

FWIW, I have tried to change the text size on the Hannspree tablet by going to Settings/Display/Text Size and choosing one of the four options (Small, Normal, Large. Huge). But that approach does not work; I can't change the text size.

Can someone see what I am doing wrong? ... wdc

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Go to the page listing all your apps and look for the icon you tap on to get the browser. The name of your browser should appear there.

When you're looking at a website on the screen, look around for a settings option on that browser page. (Usually three dots, lines or squiggles stacked up on each other in the upper right corner of the screen.) For Chrome, you want Settings, Accessibility, Text Scaling.

wdc

Sep 28, 2014
Right. I went to Browser, clicked a three box icon and selected Settings. I then moved the Text scaling slide bar to its maximum (161%), The text size of a URL did get somewhat larger.

But is that the largest text size I can get?

see too that I no longer have the capability of expanding the type size by spreading two fingers. Is that normal?

I see another option --- Zoom on double tap. I am not sure what this does. I set it at 102%, the maximum. Can you explain how to zoom on double tap?

If thereare still other ways to vary readability, I'd like to learn them -- as I am preparing this tablet for a person with bad vision.

Again, thanks for your help. ...wdc

wdc

Sep 28, 2014
Spider: I <still> don't know what browser I am using. Can you tell me how to determine that>

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If it's the blue globe it's the default browser. It doesn't really have a name. ;)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
But is that the largest text size I can get?

If the slider is at the end, "It's game over.":(

I see too that I no longer have the capability of expanding the type size by spreading two fingers

That's probably because you're already at the maximum font size

Can you explain how to zoom on double tap?

With that option enabled, tapping twice on the screen would have the same effect as "spreading two fingers". Again, it may not work since you're already at the maximum font size.