Changing my Tablets OS from WinCE 6.0 to Android (preferably 2.1)

paul_s989

Feb 9, 2011
Hi, and thanks in advance for any help posted. I purchased Imito iM7 Tablet back in June and its running WinCE 6.0 which I'm not too thrilled with so I haven't been using the tablet. And I'm wanting to change the OS to Android and have access to the market. So if someone is able to help me with this project it would be greatly appreciated. These are the specs on my tablet:

[FONT=&quot]Specification[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Processor Type[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] ARM 11[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Processor Clock Speed[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] 720MHz-800MHz[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Processor/Manufacturer[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] Telechips[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Processor Model[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Telechips TCC8901[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cache Memory / Type[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] I-Cache[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cache Memory / Installed Size[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] 2M[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]RAM/Technology[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] DDR2[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]RAM [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Installed Size[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] 256MB[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]RAM [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Max Supported Size[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]512M[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Screen[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Display Diagonal Size[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]7'[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Display Technology[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]TFT[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Max Resolution[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]800*480 WXGA[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Graphics Model[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Support 1080P[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Graphics Type[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Integrated Graphics[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Storage and Expansion[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hard Drive Type[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] NAND Fast Flash[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hard Drive Capacity[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] 2G[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Hard Drive [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Spindle Speed[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] NAND Fast Flash[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PCMCIA Expansion[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] Support SD 32GB MAX[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Input/Output Connectors[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ports[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] 1 x USB2.0(OTG)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] 1 x USB1.0[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] 1 x Output HDMI[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] 1 x SD slot[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] 1 x DC jack[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Audio/Video[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] Headphone/Line-Out[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Communications[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Networking/Data Link Protocol[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fast Ethernet[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Wireless Connection[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]wifi[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Wireless Protocol[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]802.11 a/b/g[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]General[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Product Type[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tablet PC[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Model[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]iMito iM7[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Operating System[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]WIN CE 6.0[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Keyboard[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]touch screen[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Battery Type[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1-Cell 1800MAH Li-ion Battery[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Battery / Run Time (up to)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]6 Hours[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Power Device Type[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]AC Adapter[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Voltage required[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]100/240V[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Color[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]White[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Dimensions / W * D * H[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]118.5mm(W) x225.8mm(D) x 14.mm(H)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Net Weight[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]0.85Kg[/FONT]

Any help or advice would be GREAT!

Thanks

tablet

Feb 9, 2011
The rapid growth of Android in the last few years is a very interesting thing. I was reading somewhere that the android growth was around 800% while Nokia was just around 41% approximately. Make a proper back-up of your important files and keep sure you have the present operating system handy in case the newer update goes wrong. Then try installing the Android OS on it with the PC suite. Make sure it is compatible with Android OS as well. interactive intelligence

Last edited:

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Look in the telechips section for possible roms that may work. Be prepared for failures....