Chinese Recovery Mode

drmick

Jun 6, 2013
Hi everybody !

As I just said in the presentation forum, I'm really in trouble with my tablet.
Here is the problem : I got this tablet since 1 month. I tweak some things, discover, play, and start to think of develop.
But yesterday, my children just lock the tablet (by trying to retrieve the scheme).
And now, it is blocked on the "too many try" screen, and asks for my gmail adress and password.

* Problem 1 : just before, I had set the tablet in airplane mode, so no wifi, so no check of the gmail password => it keeps telling me that Username/Password is incorrect.
And too set out the airplane mode, I must connect :(.

* Problem 2 : I had unchecked the "USB debug" option. And thus I cannot connect with android SDK.

* Problem 3 : I feel really difficult to find the exact model of my tablet, as it is a chinese one, made by MID, with no mentions (neither on the bow nor on the tablet).
On the box you can read : android MID Tablet PC 9.7 inch high resolution
On google play it is referenced as "unknown T05A".
And I suppose that I found the specifications :
T05A configurations:CPU Allwinner A10 Android 4.0,9.7-inch 1024*768-pixel resolution,5-point touch Capacitive Screen,DDR3 1G,Storage 8GB/16GB,Dual camera Front 0.3M/Rear 2M,Support for 3G dongles and Ethernet with adapter,HDMI Output.

So basically I want to make a factory reset.
I found like a billion of web page saying that you could put your tablet in recovery mode by pressing power and vol+ or vol- or something like that, but .. nothing works.

Any ideas, please ?

DrMick

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
all you can do is try different combo, unchecking the usb debugger isn't a smart move, you disabled ability to use adb, I have never understood, why vendors even allow users the option to uncheck this.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
* Problem 3 : I feel really difficult to find the exact model of my tablet, as it is a chinese one, made by MID, with no mentions (neither on the bow nor on the tablet).

This might be your tablet: https://www.google.com/search?q=EKE...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Sorry i can't help with the reset other than the following which apparently you've already tried:

Make sure the tablet is OFF.
Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time.
When the Android starts to flash, release the buttons.