choosing a tablet based upon the tasks I perform daily?

swcre8

Aug 27, 2012
I'd like an android tablet and figure the best way to determine which one I need is to list what I would do with it. I have an android phone and love it! I know the most popular tasks for the tablets tend to be movies and music, but my desktop finally crashed and I'm tired of towers, I need more mobility and I just hate laptops. I played with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.0 and an Asus. Would like tablet for email, FB etc. Here are the tasks I perform daily -- can you help me figure out which reasonably priced tablet I should look more closely at? Thanks very much in advance!

I do Ebay/Etsy work:
take pics and edit (crop, auto enhance, add text or watermark, touchup details (clone feature)
save to google drive and upload to etsy/ebay as needed
type descriptions on ebay/etsy
usb capability would, I think, be essential

Hubb and I also run an Animal Rescue:
as above plus take the edited photos and create flyers
post pics and bios to FB, Twitter, petfinder etc.
create documents to then save to google drive and then wirelessly print

Food:
would need to do some simple accounting, flyers
headphone jack so we can use square credit card processing

Cync'd Calendar with alerts would be very helpful:
sync between phone (android), tablet (android) and desktop = google drive?

Other, not so essential, not clear about:
Fast, I like to multi-task and I type fast and fly the internet fast, I dislike waiting for devices to "think".
will the camera take burst shots? (extremely helpful when taking pics of animals)
can I use as a wifi phone (google voice/skype, etc)? can I see the person I'm talking with? Can I send documents or email while talking/seeing them?
would need a car battery charger if battery life is not long

Thanks for your help! :)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I think you are on the right track with the Samsung and Asus. Basically any of the top tier 10" tablets would be good for your needs. Even though you "hate laptops" the Transformer Primes would be a good fit because of the extended battery keyboard with full usb functionality.