CM9 for Coby 9740 + New Recovery

fhone_nerd

Oct 9, 2014
Shouldn't be too hard, The Hard part was porting from Aurora/Elf to Coby, I had to compile the libs, and wifi files, But This should be able to be ported to any Coby allwinner.
I am on my way to work, I work nights right now.

Anyway download the rom open the zip, delete /system/vendor /system/usr /system/etc/camera.cfg /system/lib/hw/camera.exDroid.so
/system/lib/hw/sensors.exDroid.so /system/lib/hw/lights.sun4i.so

Now replace the above files and or folders with your own 9742 files and folders.

The next thing most likely add the 180 rotation to build.prop

You then would need to edit the boot.img add your kernel. If you upload your kernel I will do it for you when I can.

From here we see how the rom runs on your 9742, if not working well add more files from /system/lib/hw

sir i just wondering that if you have the image file firmware for coby kyros 9740 ...i hope that you can give a lead to where i can find the firmware ,

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
System dumps are located in the development subforum. Coby never provided firmware images on their site, so this is what is available. You'll have to root the tablet to use the dumps.

rld770

Jan 13, 2016
can i flash cm9 9740.zip on my coby mid9740 even though I already use livesuit will this work or hard brick my tablet?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
can i flash cm9 9740.zip on my coby mid9740 even though I already use livesuit will this work or hard brick my tablet?
It won't hard brick your device hard brick would mean hardware failure. Can't say what will happen to your tablet, either the ROM will run or it won't.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk