Coby 7" Will Only Recognize Three of the Movies on SD Card

jtwanabe

Oct 5, 2013
I have about 10 movies on my SD Card but the tablet only recognizes 3.
Is there a limit to how many can be recognized.

D

dvdcatalyst

I have about 10 movies on my SD Card but the tablet only recognizes 3.
Is there a limit to how many can be recognized.

Hi JT,

welcome to the forums.

I'm sure there is a limit of the amount of movies that can be recognized, but I've never ran into that myself, and I have put a LOT of movies on a variety of different devices.

Your tablet will only recognize movies of a few different formats, mainly MP4 and 3GP.

* If you copied a few AVI and or MKV files over, which are not supported by default, it will not see those as movies.

In order for those movies to show, you will need to convert them with a conversion tool such as DVD Catalyst. For an easy, step by step guide, visit this link:

https://www.tools4movies.com/dvd-catalyst-samsung-galaxy-s-guide-2/

the guide is for the Galaxy S, but it works the same for your Coby.

* If the movies are all in the same format, there is also the possibility that your memorycard has issues. This could be (even if the card is brand new) due to a bad card, or worse, a fake memorycard. This article explains a bit more on that:

https://www.tools4movies.com/memorycard-issues/

jtwanabe

Oct 5, 2013
Hi JT,

welcome to the forums.

I'm sure there is a limit of the amount of movies that can be recognized, but I've never ran into that myself, and I have put a LOT of movies on a variety of different devices.

Your tablet will only recognize movies of a few different formats, mainly MP4 and 3GP.

Thanks for the response. I have tried three different Mirco SD cards that work on other devices but not on this one.
I will double check the format.
Another thing I've notice is that even if I delted the orginal movies and put different ones on (trying to see if that makes a difference) it #1 still only recognizes the original ones that I had on there and only the same few.

Is there a source I can go to to kind of get a better idea as to how to operate this android. Could it be the video player I'm using?

D

dvdcatalyst

Try turning off the tablet and then turning it back on. Based on your description, it sounds like its a refresh-issue with swapping memorycards.
By turing the tablet off and back on, the operating system will scan the card upon boot.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
It could very easily be the video player you're using. So which one are you using?