coby 8042-4 black screen fastboot problem

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
OMG :(

rooted again installed cw recovery again but device doesn't reboot at execution of cw . and if i reboot with b it reboots rom only

I can not see your tablet nor can I see what commands you are typing, so none of the above makes any sense, what in the world does this mean? (device doesn't reboot at execution of cw) I have no ideal what this means either (if i reboot with b it reboots rom only)

so simply type the adb commands in terminal and post output of terminal.

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
"device doesn't reboot at execution of cw " I mean when CWM is installed via "root_restore.bat" it shows that device will reboot into recovery but it doesn't do anything!.
" if I reboot with b it reboots rom only" I mean when in "root_restore.bat" I do b for rebooting it reboots oke but not going in recovery.
$adb2.JPG oke here and if I'm doing something wrong let me know cos all this happened after doing a restore of system.tgz in your link to restore

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I don't know what you are doing, I don't know what root_restore.bat is, seeing you aren't using the root method I posted I wont be able to help you. Your pic shows as I stated you don't have data mounted, that is your main problem. also if you restored your system.tgz you wouldn't have cm9 on your tablet, your posts are just too inconstant for me to follow.

I posted instructions for you to restore your boot,img, bootloader.img and system.tgz had you done that you would be stock, not be running CM9, at this point you really have messed your tablet up by not following any instructions that I posted, you are using some other root method than what I posted, the problem with using bat files is the user in this case you has know ideal what the bat file does or even if it is working. Had I known you were using bat files I wouldn't have even tried to help you, to restore or fix a tablet requires adb command line, I need to see the response of the command and the command you typed. You now have no data or cache so clearly the tablet is confused and doesn't know what you want it to do.

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
He's trying to use my root utility instead of following the directions you gave him. root_restore.bat is the batch file I created to automate the rooting process as well as the dump process on Windows. It doesn't have a routine to restore dumps, and I didn't put one the batch file as I felt your instructions were perfect for that task.

To the OP, you should have followed Vampirefo's instructions to the letter.

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
One additional thing to point out to the OP. While it is necessary to have the root utility on the computer, you won't be using the batch file to restore the dump because it doesn't have that capability. You will be using ADB and the restore instructions Vampirefo provided in his thread on how to restore using system dumps, linked in the third post of the Development Index and Root Utility sticky thread. The thread that you should have carefully read before attempting anything.

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
I don't know what you are doing, I don't know what root_restore.bat is, seeing you aren't using the root method I posted I wont be able to help you. Your pic shows as I stated you don't have data mounted, that is your main problem. also if you restored your system.tgz you wouldn't have cm9 on your tablet, your posts are just too inconstant for me to follow.

I posted instructions for you to restore your boot,img, bootloader.img and system.tgz had you done that you would be stock, not be running CM9, at this point you really have messed your tablet up by not following any instructions that I posted, you are using some other root method than what I posted, the problem with using bat files is the user in this case you has know ideal what the bat file does or even if it is working. Had I known you were using bat files I wouldn't have even tried to help you, to restore or fix a tablet requires adb command line, I need to see the response of the command and the command you typed. You now have no data or cache so clearly the tablet is confused and doesn't know what you want it to do.
Yes you are right I'm also getting a bite confused !
And yes your restore method I used and was on stock running good but after that I installed CM9 again with CW then this all happened to me.
Now when I run adb shell and su I have no permissons to do anything! but still I can use my tab with a USB mouse running CM9!

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
And Yes I Thank You guy's for helping me out here especially vampirefo. Well still looking for a fix for my tab:(

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Yes you are right I'm also getting a bite confused !
And yes your restore method I used and was on stock running good but after that I installed CM9 again with CW then this all happened to me.
Now when I run adb shell and su I have no permissons to do anything! but still I can use my tab with a USB mouse running CM9!

The tablet can't be fixed at this point, you have no data partition so nothing to write to, your tablet is read only no way to change that. You can either track download livesuite for your tablet or send it in for repairs, nothing more can be done on tablet. If a tablet doesn't mount data partition then user has no rw which means read and write, your tablet is ro read only, no way to fix it.

one last hail mary is to turn tablet off restart tablet and keep pressing hard keys in hopes of forcing a kernel panic and either force tablet in to recovery or fastboot mode.

Last edited:

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
$adb3.JPG ok I'm looking now forward to make SU grand shell permissions cos in SU log I get everytime Shell denied and no prompt to allow?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
View attachment 10859 ok I'm looking now forward to make SU grand shell permissions cos in SU log I get everytime Shell denied and no prompt to allow?

You can't you can't write to it, a ro will never grant su privilege, you will always get permission denied, you must mount data partition then only through data partition can you write and get su permission.

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
So I must find a way if it exists to mount data partition? Hmmm will I be able to boot into CW recovery then in this state, with the key combinations maybe?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
No such file or directory means the /system partition no longer exists and cannot be written to. Therefore, unless you want to try searching for LiveSuite to try and recover things that way, this tablet is a brick and you'll need to exchange it for a new unit if possible.

Agreed nothing else we can do.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Android Tablet