Coby Kyros 7024 Screen Sensitivity

Ballhawker

May 21, 2011
Hi. first post- I have searched the kyros and this forum and not found a way to increase the sensitivity of the resistive screen. I have to push very hard for my input to be recognized. Almost to the point that I feel it may start damaging the screen. I bought it from Adorama and it appears they sent me someone else's return- maybe that's why it was returned. Has anyone else had this problem? Any idea on how to make it less of a chore to input? Thanks in advance

BULLDOGG

May 3, 2011
i use the tip of my finger/nail. if not you have to push kind of hard. is it even hard with the stylus?

Ballhawker

May 21, 2011
Works good with stylus, but I guess the reason I am complaining is I used to have a Kyros 7015 and input with fingertips was pretty easy. Wish there was a storage slot for the stylus in the 7024 because it looks like I'm gonna be using it a lot :)

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
Use your fingernail or stylus as the dogg suggested. Also calibrate the screen using the stylus. Use the lightest touch possible on the " X " marks with the stylus.

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
I also found it useful to use a very thin object with ultra fine tip. I used a sewing needle when I calibrated the screen on my 7024. Worked very well afterwards.

dachoeks3

Jun 20, 2011
Could someone post the calibration apk? I installed a gingerbread rom and there is no calibration software available on that rom. Thank you

tjfria

Aug 4, 2011
Hi. first post- I have searched the kyros and this forum and not found a way to increase the sensitivity of the resistive screen. I have to push very hard for my input to be recognized. Almost to the point that I feel it may start damaging the screen. I bought it from Adorama and it appears they sent me someone else's return- maybe that's why it was returned. Has anyone else had this problem? Any idea on how to make it less of a chore to input? Thanks in advance

Agree with the fingernail approach or the stylus; also, make sure to calibrate in the landscape orientation...should minimize touch errors.

tfurrows

Jun 15, 2011
I'm going to side with the original post, the touch screen on the x024 seems to be incredibly poor, even when compared to cheaper tablets out there. The onscreen keyboard on my MID8024 is barely usable.

TexStar2011

Aug 28, 2011
Hi I'm new to the Android world and would appreciate any assistance on how to recalibrate the MID8024 in landscape mode.

Thanks for any help.

Pablocr

Jul 3, 2011
you mean something else besides holding the device in landscape position and going into the calibration app and doing the calibration like that?

if so. please provide me info about what you are triying to do so you can get more accurate info

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk