Coby Kyros 7024 Touch Screen unresponsive after startup

Matthews

Dec 28, 2011
Good Day,

I have a Coby Kyros Mid 7024 that I bought only a few weeks ago.

I had been running "CFW for MID7024 based on Alldro2 Gingerbread" from Steevs thread in the Generation 2 Development forums (version 0.3, no overclock). It has been running great for weeks now without so much as a hiccup.

Yesterday, when I turned the tablet on, it booted up to the unlock screen and the touch screen was almost completely unresponsive. I say almost completely, because if you hit the Power button, the menu which gives you the option to disable/enable sound , turn airplane mode on, or shut down the tablet appears. All three buttons can be activated by the touch screen.

It does still let me into recovery mode, and I have tried flashing it a couple of times with different firmware. ( CFW's from Steevs thread versions 1.1, 1.0 and 0.3 again, followed by the stock firmware from Coby)

Every time I flashed it, I was greeted with the same results.

I'm not sure if it will even connect to a PC in its current state. My PC recognizes the SD cards as hard drives, but doesnt let you access them. It is probably because the clean system has USB debugging on by default I guess?

If anyone has any insight on this problem, I would really appreciate the input.

Thanks in advance.

zentsang

Apr 11, 2011
Good Day,

I have a Coby Kyros Mid 7024 that I bought only a few weeks ago.

I had been running "CFW for MID7024 based on Alldro2 Gingerbread" from Steevs thread in the Generation 2 Development forums (version 0.3, no overclock). It has been running great for weeks now without so much as a hiccup.

Yesterday, when I turned the tablet on, it booted up to the unlock screen and the touch screen was almost completely unresponsive. I say almost completely, because if you hit the Power button, the menu which gives you the option to disable/enable sound , turn airplane mode on, or shut down the tablet appears. All three buttons can be activated by the touch screen.

It does still let me into recovery mode, and I have tried flashing it a couple of times with different firmware. ( CFW's from Steevs thread versions 1.1, 1.0 and 0.3 again, followed by the stock firmware from Coby)

Every time I flashed it, I was greeted with the same results.

I'm not sure if it will even connect to a PC in its current state. My PC recognizes the SD cards as hard drives, but doesnt let you access them. It is probably because the clean system has USB debugging on by default I guess?

If anyone has any insight on this problem, I would really appreciate the input.

Thanks in advance.

DUDE! Same here. It was working fine last night. It hasn't been dropped and was charging over night. I turned it on this morning and get to the lock screen. Totally unresponsive. Physical buttons work but the screen itself has stopped responding to any touches. I still can't figure it out.

Anyone else?

eterpay

Feb 28, 2013
Any movement on this? I have a MID7042 with the exact same issue. Was working fine yesterday, but this morning after charging all night, I'm not able to input using the touchscreen at all.

surgeman

Feb 22, 2013
Same here..It's a driver issue with the touchscreen itself...I have been looking for a way to find and load the driver and it should be fine after that...