Coby kyros mid 7015 - rooting. Please help !!!

rshalev

Apr 11, 2012
Hello Guys. Just got a new Copy Kyros MID 7015. I watched a Youtube (
) video on how to do the Rooting on it. Since I'm very new to all this (never owned a tablet before nor do I have a smart phone that uses the Android OS). The video explains that I need to copy to the root of my MicroSD some files (KlockWorkMod, Recovery Image File, Google Market Apps, Terminal Emulator, Also i'll need a flash player file, ADW Launcher, SkyFire Brouser and may be more..). where do i find these files that are compatible with my Coby mid7015?

Can someone PLEASE tell me (At a "Rooting For Idiots" level), how to do all this, preferably in 1,2,3,... step by stem and easy to understand language. I do nor want to screw up my device before I even had a chance to use it a bit.

This will be greatly appreciated and I THANK YOU in advance !!!
rshalev

Last edited by a moderator:

Scrappy32

Apr 14, 2012
after purchasing the coby kyros mid7015 only a few days ago and after severe frustration with a product that seems to have fallen down the stairs due to how shaky and nonfunctional it is, no use tryng to move to the next step of "rooting." I am returning and never looking back after a day of time wasted. There is definite false advertising tied to this product. The tutorial from users (not coby's) in this forum are useful if u can First get the product to work properly. coby is great at advertising this nonfunctional hyped up product. Even their customer service department chooses silence over defense. There is a reason it is discontinued and selling for $89 now, but it is not even worth 89 cents. Sadly, left very disappointed.

arnel

May 1, 2012
Hello Guys. Just got a new Copy Kyros MID 7015. I watched a Youtube (
) video on how to do the Rooting on it. Since I'm very new to all this (never owned a tablet before nor do I have a smart phone that uses the Android OS). The video explains that I need to copy to the root of my MicroSD some files (KlockWorkMod, Recovery Image File, Google Market Apps, Terminal Emulator, Also i'll need a flash player file, ADW Launcher, SkyFire Brouser and may be more..). where do i find these files that are compatible with my Coby mid7015?

Can someone PLEASE tell me (At a "Rooting For Idiots" level), how to do all this, preferably in 1,2,3,... step by stem and easy to understand language. I do nor want to screw up my device before I even had a chance to use it a bit.

This will be greatly appreciated and I THANK YOU in advance !!!
rshalev

hello! I've just watched your tutorial. I already have the recovery.img, terminal emulator, update.zip from coby and the google package downloaded to the root of my sd card. when i type the commands, it says that the directory for the recovery.img not found. is there any ways to install the clockwork mod recovery without using a pc? please help me how to fix it.my phone is successfully rooted but i cant install the clockwork mod. thanks in advance god bless

Last edited by a moderator: