Unrooting Coby kyros 7015

id10t2

Jan 30, 2011
I have a Coby Kyros 7015 that I have rooted using the how to guide found on these forums. I notice that a lot stuff crashes, if it opens at all. I wonder if it is possible to use the Z4 app to unroot again, without screwing up my Google apps?

The app has an unroot option, but I am not sure if it will fix anything, or just make things worse?

Or maybe this model just isn't very good, and that's why most stuff won't run??

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

willber

Jan 9, 2011
I have mine rooted and connected to the Google Market. No crashes on any apps that I have loaded.
Name one and I can load it also and let you know if it runs.

id10t2

Jan 30, 2011
Hi

Pocket legends. And pretty much most Widgets. Any of the animated wallpapers that aren't stock.

Sometimes yust general apps need to force stopped. Nothing really critical, just wondered if reversing the root using z4root after the initial root was done would mess things up? Or maybe improve things

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

willber

Jan 9, 2011
Loaded Pocket Legends, nice splash screen, selected trial and watched it update and ready for combat... crash to the home screen.
Tried it several times, same results.
Remember that Android Apps are not like Apple Apps that are written for one platform. There are many variables with Android apps and not all will run on the different hardware possibilities.
One of the advantages of Apple.
I doubt that rooting and the Google Market has anything to do with app crashing.