Coby Kyros Mid8027 Android screen frozen

Dastabah

May 23, 2013
My cousin came to my house with her Kyros Tablet and asked me to look at it. On boot up, the screen flashes Coby a few times, then proceeds to the ANDROID boot screen and just sits idle, every few seconds, it blinks and returns to the android screen and the little animation happens until I power off. After searching here/on the web, I downloaded the ADT Bundle and tried the perform tool, when I tried to view the devices plugged in, it was not recognized; however, Windows recognized that a usb device had been plugged in. Based on what she's told me, it's never been plugged into a computer before, is not rooted, and she was downloading an app when it died on her and has been like this since. I haven't attempted to put it into factory mode or reset it or download a recovery image because there is no recovery for the device on this computer and I'd rather ask opinions from experienced users before messing with things which will cause it to get damaged further.

Can the device be fixed or throw away/send in?

Haven't tried using the reset button at the bottom next to the mini-hdmi port or the hard reset using power/volume yet

Last edited:

1131tim

May 23, 2013
My cousin came to my house with her Kyros Tablet and asked me to look at it. On boot up, the screen flashes Coby a few times, then proceeds to the ANDROID boot screen and just sits idle, every few seconds, it blinks and returns to the android screen and the little animation happens until I power off. After searching here/on the web, I downloaded the ADT Bundle and tried the perform tool, when I tried to view the devices plugged in, it was not recognized; however, Windows recognized that a usb device had been plugged in. Based on what she's told me, it's never been plugged into a computer before, is not rooted, and she was downloading an app when it died on her and has been like this since. I haven't attempted to put it into factory mode or reset it or download a recovery image because there is no recovery for the device on this computer and I'd rather ask opinions from experienced users before messing with things which will cause it to get damaged further.

Can the device be fixed or throw away/send in?

Haven't tried using the reset button at the bottom next to the mini-hdmi port or the hard reset using power/volume yet

Id try reset, I do it to mine when it gets hung up or freezes, I don't lose anything that was installed
Previously good luck
D

Dastabah

May 23, 2013
Id try reset, I do it to mine when it gets hung up or freezes, I don't lose anything that was installed
Previously good luck
D
tried the reset button at the bottom with a pin. it turned off the tablet but it's still getting looped at the android screen. Any other suggestions?