Coby Kyros MID8042 Loses Screen Sensitivity

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
If you want help, you need to provide more detail. When does this occur? What are you doing when this occurs? Are you rooted? Do you have a custom ROM?

We're not mind readers and we cannot see your device, so giving as much detail as possible will go a long way here.

Paul Heston

May 20, 2011
History of tablet appx. 1 year old, gift to 15 year old grandson, worked fine for 2 days. It has never been rooted. Rom should be original.
It starts up with normal screen with time and date, with lock in circle.
I have tried everything including fingernail and fine hard stylus with heavy and light pressure, no action, any ideas for the next step.
Paul.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Take it apart, unlock the digitizer's ribbon cable from the mainboard*, and lock it back into place. If that doesn't work, the unit's digitizer died, meaning you'll need to find another 8042 and cannibalize it for parts to fix this one. Coby is out of business so there's no warranty here.

*The connector on the mainboard has two tabs on either side of it in either brown or black. Pulling those tabs towards the ribbon cable with a fine-bladed screwdriver will unlock the ribbon cable from the connector. Reverse the steps to lock it back into place.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
I thought you had a newer dell android. A friend with the windows version loves his.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Actually, my roommate has the Venue 8 and she likes it. I haven't gotten one yet as I'm looking into a Galaxy S4 to replace the Streak.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
In my experience, dell makes great computers. (of course i' only 65).

Good to talk buddy. You have always been helpful and informative despite my dislexia. what is vamp up to?