coby Kyros MID9742 is not powering up

raihanbuet

Mar 16, 2013
hi ,

My Kyros MID9742 , after using two days , it's not powering up.
When I press power switch , it shows coby screen and after almost 2 minutes, it shows android screen and stuck in there showing android only.

and also , backside of coby heat up.

(when i connect it with PC as usb disk , i did a defragment to SD and flash drive memory that shown in PC. Is this activity hurm it??)

please help me how can i solve the problem. and factory reset(Vol UP key + back key +power key)/ (Vol down key+power key) also not working .

thanks.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Be patient when letting the unit boot. It can take a little while for it to get to the lock screen. It takes a bit of getting used to, especially if you have a smartphone or another tablet that boots in about fifteen seconds or so.

If after about five minutes it remains on the Android logo then you have cause for alarm. But we need some added details, such as whether you are rooted, what you used to root with, whether you have ClockworkMod installed, and whether you made a system dump as well as nandroid backups.

raihanbuet

Mar 16, 2013
Be patient when letting the unit boot. It can take a little while for it to get to the lock screen. It takes a bit of getting used to, especially if you have a smartphone or another tablet that boots in about fifteen seconds or so.

If after about five minutes it remains on the Android logo then you have cause for alarm. But we need some added details, such as whether you are rooted, what you used to root with, whether you have ClockworkMod installed, and whether you made a system dump as well as nandroid backups.

Hi Traveller1701,
thanks for looking at my issues. I waited almost an hour still it's showing the android logo but previously it was 30-50 sec to bootup.

I did nothing to the tablet,
not rooted
clockworkmod not installed, did not take system dump as well as nandroid backup.

only thing i did was , deframent the drive when connect with windows PC.
what can i do to solve the issues?

Please help. thanks in advance.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
At this point, there's not much that can be done. The defrag could have easily caused the damage here, and with flash memory is a useless gesture anyway. Defragmenting improves performance on a hard drive because the process physically moves data to the sectors of the hard drive platter closest to the hub. This reduces head travel, resulting in a faster read. Solid state memory such as flash drives don't have moving parts. The data is read at the same rate regardless of whether it's at the beginning or the end of the drive, thus defragmenting a flash drive does not provide any improvements in read speed. About all it will do is use up some read/write cycles, which will shorten the life of the flash memory by a small amount.

raihanbuet

Mar 16, 2013
hi Traveller1701,
Considering my situation , is the any way to flush the framware again from SD.

thanks for help.

surgeman

Feb 22, 2013
If I remember right...If you want to to do a factory default(clear)..Power the unit off...Hold the menu key in and push the power key at the same time...The unit will come on...keep holding the menu key until you get the recovery to pop up..Then you can wipe user data and clear cache from there...Remember...you will loose any data previously on it...It will be like it came out of the box...

raihanbuet

Mar 16, 2013
If I remember right...If you want to to do a factory default(clear)..Power the unit off...Hold the menu key in and push the power key at the same time...The unit will come on...keep holding the menu key until you get the recovery to pop up..Then you can wipe user data and clear cache from there...Remember...you will loose any data previously on it...It will be like it came out of the box...

hi surgeman,
thanks for response. but as i mention in my first post , that reseting is not working as well as physical reset.
Is there any way , that i flush complete operating system from SD.

thanks.